Technical abarth needs new clutch speed sensor

Currently reading:
Technical abarth needs new clutch speed sensor

my abarth needs a new clutch speed sensor,

fiat garage are saying its going to cost around £1300 unless it needs a new flywheel too,

does anyone know of another garage that could do the work ie cheaper?
im based in coventry

the worse thing is i was selling it as already have a new car so im paying for it to be repaired just to bloody sell

no undrivable, also when car was recovered it was recovered with ignition on, causing abs failure warnings, now fiat garage have said the fuse box for that bit needs changing as its corroded, (strange how it only happened after recovery)

anyone think it would be cheaper to get a non fiat garage to do clutch speed sensor then get recovered again to fiat for calibration?

or anyone wana buy the car as is? inc few months old stainless cat back leather, sky roof, newish claws, harman kardon ipod kit and parrot car kit

my abarth needs a new clutch speed sensor,

fiat garage are saying its going to cost around £1300 unless it needs a new flywheel too,

Um, am I missing something. I thought the cluth speed sensor was on the outside face of the box/housing. I had no end of "incorrect disk speed" warnings, and limp home modes engaged till the garage finally found, with Fiat technicals help, that the problem was a connection issue with the plug at the sensor. Female plug parts were too wide to make secure contact with the male pins.

Um, am I missing something. I thought the cluth speed sensor was on the outside face of the box/housing. I had no end of "incorrect disk speed" warnings, and limp home modes engaged till the garage finally found, with Fiat technicals help, that the problem was a connection issue with the plug at the sensor. Female plug parts were too wide to make secure contact with the male pins.

That's a good point (y) All sensors are usually mounted in the housings and therefore, reasonably (in normal terms, not Fiat terms) easy to get to. If they're quoting that much, that sounds like they're also quoting for a new clutch and the labour... or they're trying to rip you off.

I'd get a quote from some reputable independents as well. If your anywhere near Herts, John Whalley Integrale (Bishops Stortford) are extremely trustworthy and would be able to give you a quote. Drop them an email at [email protected] and ask them. They look after me and my Abarth very well and sorted my Selespeed woes... they also have Examiner (y)

John Whalley himself is an ex rally driver and used to race Integrales. The place is full of them and always worth a good look when you're there... he drives one obviously... and a Lancia Thema (Ferarri engined)... oh, and a Lancia Stratos as well :slayer:

Cheers for the replies.
I'm sure it's the clutch speed sensor they said needs doing or maybe clutch disk speed sensor if there's any difference?
They say about £1300 for sensor and labour then another £300 odd if it needs flywheel, none of this includes clutch.

So the general feeling is the sensors on outside and shouldn't need circa 10 hours labour??

Also during the recovery car was towed ignition on, causing abs fault.rac said it will go once cars moved. Garage then said they couldn't get to gearbox fault until abs fault gone and they said it was because some fuse board had failed/suffered corrosion be want to charge me about £160 for that too. Which seems very odd iv had no abs faults, rac said it was normal to get the fault after recovery but fiat say it's a failed board mmmm

Any local indys near Coventry?

If the ignition is on while a car is towed it confuses the abs system , it happens on rolling road runs :D once actually moved with ingintion on again it should sort itself out.

Back