General Abarth Bootlid not opening off handle

Currently reading:
General Abarth Bootlid not opening off handle

Hi there,

Wonder if anyone has any ideas, the tailgate on the my abarth is not responding when i attempt to open by hand using the rubber button under the handle, but it does open from the key fob.

Any ideas anyone, thanks in advance

Del

Switch on the door?

They dont have a mechanical button on the boot lid like alot of cars, its just an electric button that open it, so if the keyfob still works check that :)

Yeah tried the settings on both on and off and no change yeah was thinking maybe the switch.

anyway of checking this out, been pretty cold up here so could be due to that like.

oh n its an 02 plate.

Cheers again guys

Yeah could be worth a try spraying silicone in the mechanism apart from that i really cant think of what the problem could be apart from checking all fuses and taking off the trim to check that everything is where it should be.

It's called Ind.Boot Open or summit, set it to no, my JTD Dynamic has this option as mine was set to indefinately close which was annoying me having to turn the car off and use the key to open the boot. I turned to setting to off and it opens with the central locking now. Please note that when you change the setting, i had to set it to no, then exit the menu and take the key out the ignition for the setting to take affect.

Yeah, if you set that in the menu then you should be fine. What you need to be aware of, is that the boot get locked just like the doors if you have the speed related central locking active (When you go over 15mph or something). if you then open the drivers door only, all other doors stay locked. To get around this, use the door opening button on the drivers door which unlocks all the cars doors in one go. Problem sorted! (y)

Back