General radio not working.

Currently reading:
General radio not working.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

the

(stilo 1.6 2004 )the aftermarket radio does not work any radio I install will not work except the factory one.
what should I do to make it work and which radio can work?

Hello,

Are you sure you connected the radio properly? There are adapters that connect the ISO radio connector to the FIAT original wiring.

What do you mean by 'does not work'? It doesn't switch on? You can't hear any sounds? Or it cannot get any station?

Hello,

Are you sure you connected the radio properly? There are adapters that connect the ISO radio connector to the FIAT original wiring.

What do you mean by 'does not work'? It doesn't switch on? You can't hear any sounds? Or it cannot get any station?
do I need a special cable to be able to connect or ?

that it won't turn on

Do you have a picture of exactly what cables are needed? (I know it's not the same for every radio, but for the sake of comparison) do you have a picture of the factory radio cables so I can see that there is no problem with them and compare them with mine

Last edited:
If the radio is not turning on it means it's not getting the voltage. On every aftermarket radio I've seen there was a diagram showing the proper connection.

The fact that the connectors from the loom physically match the ones on the radio does not mean the cables are in the correct positions. Before the test check that the fuse in the radio is OK, you could have blown it earlier...

You have two possibilities: play with the cables or buy a suitable FIAT - ISO adapter on ebay or equivalent. Or a local shop. While buying, check that it will fit your 20 years old Stilo. Things could have changed in the last 20 years, newer FIATs can have other looms / connectors. I was buying one for my 2011/2012 Ducato a couple of years ago, it looked like this one:

1712752382933.png

If the radio is not turning on it means it's not getting the voltage. On every aftermarket radio I've seen there was a diagram showing the proper connection.

The fact that the connectors from the loom physically match the ones on the radio does not mean the cables are in the correct positions. Before the test check that the fuse in the radio is OK, you could have blown it earlier...

You have two possibilities: play with the cables or buy a suitable FIAT - ISO adapter on ebay or equivalent. Or a local shop. While buying, check that it will fit your 20 years old Stilo. Things could have changed in the last 20 years, newer FIATs can have other looms / connectors. I was buying one for my 2011/2012 Ducato a couple of years ago, it looked like this one:

View attachment 442915
the fuse is fine, I've tried it on other cars, everything works, but when I try it on my car, it won't work. If I try it on my Fiat, it won't work. I have that cable, but it still won't, I don't know why.

but still thanks for your help.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back