General 94 ducato heater fan

Currently reading:
General 94 ducato heater fan

peterpanda2

Hi again I have recently bought a 1994 ducato motorhome which I believe is the mk2 of the 80s to 94 models which has several problems one being the speedo is not working and have been told a new cable is not available, also the heater fan only work's when it's turned to full power ? Any advice would be appreciated thanks peter

A new speedometer cable may not be available, but I believe that there are still people prepared to make a replacement using the broken parte of the inner cable as a pattern. Avoid sharp bends in the cable route.

The heater fan not working on other than top speed is a classic symptom of a faulty speed control resistor. This resistor is usually mounted into the fan outlet, so as to be cooled by the airflow.

A new speedometer cable may not be available, but I believe that there are still people prepared to make a replacement using the broken parte of the inner cable as a pattern. Avoid sharp bends in the cable route.

The heater fan not working on other than top speed is a classic symptom of a faulty speed control resistor. This resistor is usually mounted into the fan outlet, so as to be cooled by the airflow.
Ok thank you but I wouldn't have a clue who to contact about having the inner speedo cable fixed but it's something to know

Ok thank you but I wouldn't have a clue who to contact about having the inner speedo cable fixed but it's something to know
Why not try a web search, as I have just done. Speedy Cables were top of list, but that may be due to sponsoring. Also several YouTube videos.

Speedometer repair is a priority, as necessary to pass MoT.

Back