Technical 7’ headunit

Currently reading:
Technical 7’ headunit

malcscer

Hi All. Need some help on this. I bought a second hand 7’ unit with CarPlay. Unit works all fine however the only error I got is that the mileage odometer is flashing. I took the car at our Fiat service to correct this by proxy alignment. Fiat said this could not be fixed since the unit already have the Vin no of previous car stored and cannot be replaced by the one on my car. Would you know if this can be done? I.e. erase the previous VIN No. thanks

Excuse the late reply I have just happened to fall on this thread now. Have you been trying to proxy align yourself? I saw somewhere else you got MES. I'm a local and have it too if you need help.

Hi, @malcscer
Just a question really, was the only issue the flashing odometer? Did everything else work fine, steering wheel controls, etc?

Hi. Yes everything else works fine. The odometer can be fixed by proxy aliment(multiECUscan). Will you be replacing your 7' to another 7' with carplay?
Yeah, that's the plan. Swap the current 7" unit for another with CarPlay.
Just wondered if aside from the Odometer, you had any other issues?
I'd guess she'll be able to drive with the flashing odometer, until we can find someone to Proxi Align for us.

Yeah, that's the plan. Swap the current 7" unit for another with CarPlay.
Just wondered if aside from the Odometer, you had any other issues?
I'd guess she'll be able to drive with the flashing odometer, until we can find someone to Proxi Align for us.
In that case you do not need to change your current 7'' unit. Use to multiscanECU to align your current 7' unit and activate the carplay. I have instruction to do so. Let me know should you require additional help.

Attachments

• Retrofit European 7 Uconnect Touchscreen Radio in 2016^LM Abarth 595.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 74
Okay, that's great.

I'm pretty sure her headunit is the one missing the Nav function too though.
I'll be able to pull the unit this weekend to double check.

Okay, that's great.

I'm pretty sure her headunit is the one missing the Nav function too though.
I'll be able to pull the unit this weekend to double check.
You can also add NAV through the proxy alignment. I.e activating hidden options by code.

Even if the unit is just a 312 VP2 EMEA DAB?
I thought they had to specify NAV on the headunit?

I don't unfortunately, no Windows laptop to run it on either. That's why I was going to swap the unit and find someone to Proxi-Align.
I'll come back to you though.

Its should work as well. I suggest first you up date headunit firmware. ( I have fw file too is you want them) Do you have a licenced multiECUscan and obd connector?
I'd be interested in the firmware files for this unit. I did try another update file, but they weren't compatible with the 7" nav unit on my 2017 car. I'd also really like to enable CarPlay on this unit if at all possible, rather than switch it out. It’s absolutely pristine, so seems a shame to remove it.

Back