Technical 6F/16F Cinque/Sei ECU Reader Project

Currently reading:
Technical 6F/16F Cinque/Sei ECU Reader Project

for my modded brainsucker code and neil's code, you need the vag com cable. for all the other code in this thread, you need to make your own cable. vag com is by far the easiest route.

and yes the source is available for all code here.

ok, vagcom it is then, there are plenty of those on ebay.
where can i find de sourcecode ?

btw, i have a bmw reader (works with bmw carsoft) which has a K and L line connection.
Is there a chance i can use this one ?

No idea about the BMW adaptor, but if it (1) couples the L to receive all K data - which I'd expect - and (2) has the FTDI chipset, the answer is probably yes.

The source code should be attached, if I worked it right - it's all LGPL so feel free to contribute! Compiles with Visual Studio 2005 (and probably 2008) - you might have to hunt down a copy of stdafx.cpp and stdafx.h

Neil

Attachments

• startrek-punto.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 264

Just had this pointed out to me. Should do the trick without mods, using the 409.1 KKL adaptor: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fiat-Lancia-A...s_Equipment?hash=item4a9dd45ef5#ht_1665wt_904

Alex, your thought about subtracting 40 and assuming Farenheight... could be, but the maximum temperature then would be 216F - only a tad over boiling point and certainly below where I would expect the max temp of the engine to be.

I guess you're going to have to stick a temperature probe in there and find out!

Neil

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Just had this pointed out to me. Should do the trick without mods, using the 409.1 KKL adaptor: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fiat-Lancia-A...s_Equipment?hash=item4a9dd45ef5#ht_1665wt_904

Alex, your thought about subtracting 40 and assuming Farenheight... could be, but the maximum temperature then would be 216F - only a tad over boiling point and certainly below where I would expect the max temp of the engine to be.

I guess you're going to have to stick a temperature probe in there and find out!

Neil

wow does this mean i can now read my cento with a obd2 reader using this cable/converter?

Thanks
Ming

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
No, but you can read it with the star trek software linked upthread. It's not OBD, so OBD readers won't do it (assuming it's pre-2001 or so).

Hi. Can anyone explain why I am not able to read fault codes with StarTrek-punto.exe ? All other functions like revs, air, pressure, thottle... are working fine.
car is punto 1.1 -96, ecu marelli iaw16f, laptop with windows7 and usb kkl vag-com 409.1 cable/3-pin converter.

Hi

I looking for IAW 1AF technical information, specification.
Can somebody help me ??

Thanks

Hi. Can anyone explain why I am not able to read fault codes with StarTrek-punto.exe ? All other functions like revs, air, pressure, thottle... are working fine.
car is punto 1.1 -96, ecu marelli iaw16f, laptop with windows7 and usb kkl vag-com 409.1 cable/3-pin converter.

barnacle never managed to finish the 16f star trek app before he got rid of his punto. there are other apps near the begining/middle of the thread that should help.

Darrrrek, did you mean 16F? Ignore this if not.

Attachments

• 3.00600 IAW 16F Technical Information (translated from Italian).pdf
    388.5 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
Hi, I've build my own interface and I'm writing program for it. For now it is not fully functional but it works.
Everything is on iaw-scan.sf.net
I would appreciate your feedback and help.

I'm searching for the IAW 8F Diagnostic Protocol specification.

Last edited:
:)Got my cabel today it works fine with the star trek program.
The fiat iaw16f scan program conects to the ecu but all values are jumping up and down (rpm 0 50000).
I have testet it on a sei 899 and a punto 1.2 and it is the same on both cars. Can it be my comport settings?

:)Got my cabel today it works fine with the star trek program.
The fiat iaw16f scan program conects to the ecu but all values are jumping up and down (rpm 0 50000).
I have testet it on a sei 899 and a punto 1.2 and it is the same on both cars. Can it be my comport settings?

So you got the cable fto convert the 3 pin to OBD2, then another cable from OBD2 to USB?

Could you post the link up again for the star trek program ?

Thanks
Ming

I just read all of these again. Rather confusing.

I guess the startrek program is the easiest to use with the cable from ebay ?

So i need the cable which convert 3 pin to obd2:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fiat-Lancia-A...s_Equipment?hash=item4a9dd45ef5#ht_1665wt_904

Then another cable which converts obd2 to USB so ui can plug it into the laptop like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBD2-USB-Lapt...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item45f2bd3b50

Then do i just run the startrek program on the laptop ? And i should have i print out ?

I know reddy4bed got a program for download as well or will other programs printed out work too ?

OR all the programs only work with a serial port ??

Thanks
Ming

Last edited:
You have mail, with any luck. Oh. No you don't, it's being rejected somewhere... I'll try tomorrow from a different account.

I'm currently experimenting with Alex to try and get something working for his IAW18F - so far, not working for reasons unknown. If you want to play, there's a stub of a program here:

http://www.nailed-barnacle.co.uk/coupe/startrek/iaw18f.exe

It *should* grab the most important running data (not everything on the screen is implemented) and one or two of the error message. It's emphatically *not* complete.

Start it in a console with 'iaw18f n', where 'n' is the number your device manager has allocated to the usb port - this is intended to be used with a VAGCOM usb KKL 409.1 adaptor, loads on the internet, usually blue, and you'll have to extend the connections to the ECU per my post earlier). Wait ten seconds or so after you've started the engine before you start the program or it will get confused by the startup data.

Here's another program: this is a version for the IAW16F; originally tested on daughter's punto with a different adaptor but now the software is modified to work with the same VAGCOM device as above. I can't test it since neither daughter nor punto live here any more!

That's a normal windows app - just run it, select the appropriate port from the drop-down, and select the engine type to start it. All the engines are the same, so it doesn't matter which you choose... it should deal with any of the small FIRE engine single-point-injection units - 900-1100cc units in punto, seicento, Y, etc. I'd love to know how you get on with it.

http://www.nailed-barnacle.co.uk/coupe/startrek/startrek-punto.exe

Neil

See the program you listed, (the punto one), it seems it only work on serial port?

Could you please link to the USB version, if there is ever one :(?

Thanks
Ming

Last edited:
WOO HOOO!!!!

Got it working :D

Simple task!!!!! For anyone that wants to get a reading from the ECU. Get the 2 cables i said on ebay. Run the star trek program and it works :).

It gives you a reading from all the sensor.

Anyone got any idea what is VAE pressure ??

Not sure, how i do get into the error codes tho ...

Going to have a blast and it lets you data log :)

Thanks
Ming

Back