Technical 6F/16F Cinque/Sei ECU Reader Project

Currently reading:
Technical 6F/16F Cinque/Sei ECU Reader Project

you don't want to know how much, but cheaper than starting again with another car that i don't have...although if you have a few cars, maybe you'd like to donate one to us...

you don't want to know how much, but cheaper than starting again with another car that i don't have...although if you have a few cars, maybe you'd like to donate one to us...

I thought that.....
You must love your Punto.
I was going to use mine to run through winter, but it didn't even get that far :bang:

What is wrong with my car and why it doesn't start.
I was gonna interrogate the ECU and see if that could lead me to a solution.

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto/283...not-starting-after-plug-coil-lead-change.html

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Please try my new IAW Scan 2 and share opinions about it. Unfortunately I no longer own Punto mk.1 and have no car for testing.
Currently the following ECUs are supported:
IAW 6F, 8F (also the old version from Alfa 33 which is different), 16F, 18F, 18FD (and very similar to it 1G7SP from Siena/Palio 1.4 8V), there is also partial support for 04K.P8 (Tempra, Tipo, Alfa 155 - 2.0 8V/16V). Screenshot is in Polish, but program supports also English and Dutch language (full localization - interface, parameters, errors, tests).

1860333100_1314739521.png

Last edited:
Good software!!
Could not connect my ECU from Punto 1.2 16V Mk1 with anything....only worked with this one (version one). This one will check in May.
Thank you (Dzięki :) )

i wonder if someone can help, ive downloaded this software but when i try to connect it comes up with: unhandeld exception has occurred in your application. if you click ignor the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. so i click continue and it just says turn the ignition on and thats it. im using the obd 2 with the fiat 3 pin connecter with the power and earth lead. any help will be great. thanks

Last edited:
that's a bug of some sort

does it work after you turn the ignition on?

note you have ignition of when you start the program and then turn ignition on at which point it should detect the ECU and show what it thinks it is

will depend on what that bug is though

btw which COM port have you got the usb connector thingy setup as? the program default to com1 so if it's not on that you can change via the menus

or at least you could haven't used the new version yet...

its all sorted now, i went to the proper website and downloaded the software and it worked fine, im not saying the software i downloaded off here was wrong or bad, mayb it just didnt download properly. i tried removing the post but it wouldnt delete. thanks for the reply ayway

Please try my new IAW Scan 2 and share opinions about it. Unfortunately I no longer own Punto mk.1 and have no car for testing.
IAW 6F, 8F (also the old version from Alfa 33 which is different), 16F, 18F, 18FD (and very similar to it 1G7SP from Siena/Palio 1.4 8V), there is also partial support for 04K.P8 (Tempra, Tipo, Alfa 155 - 2.0 8V/16V). Screenshot is in Polish, but program supports also English and Dutch language (full localization - interface, parameters, errors, tests).

1860333100_1314739521.png

Great work, I miss the gauges but by the way the software is good good good :worship: Very useful for me.

Worked perfectly on my 18FD (1.2 16v), thanks! :)

Also, graphing works well - nice to see what happens when you unplug the MAP/Air sensor :p

Last edited:
Great work, I miss the gauges but by the way the software is good good good :worship: Very useful for me.

Hi Karolis
I have a problem connecting to my Daughters Fiat Siena 2002 which has this 3 pin connection. I bought ELM327 blue tooth device and a 3 pin to ODB2 cable. When connecting using Android torque application it cannot communicate with the ecu. I have had a few garages also try diagnostics but they also cannot get it right. I see the 3 pin plug only has 2 wires is this correct as one is ground so I cannot see how information would pass through only 2 lines. Could you identify the connection points on the ecu plug so I can check for continuity in these lines to the plug. Also can you confirm if there should be a third wire? Your help would be appreciated.

kind regards
Garry

ELM327 can't communicate with OBD-I ECU, which are using FIAT 3-pin DLC. Can you tell me the ECU type used in this car?

Hi
ELM won't work with this system.
I bought VAG USB interface + adaptor KKL to OBD2 (OBD2 to 3pin OBD1 Fiat)
You need to connect adaptor to +12V and -12V as well.
Then I used software (please see attachment) which is probably under TzOk user copyright protection :)

I don't think it will be possible to use blue tooth one and android applications.
it's too old and probably you won't find and working application.

Attachments

• IAW-Scan2.zip
    382.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
It should certainly be copyrighted. But the best place to download from is sourceforge where you're sure of getting the latest version.

It needs Windows (it's written in .NET 2.0), so sure as hell won't work on Android, iOS, Mac or Linux.
Good point...I can't edit my post but yes...right place to get it, is the link above.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks for your help.
Is the one that you posted in your link, different than the one that I posted??

On your link it's just adapter to connect OBD2 interface and Fiat 3 pins connector (KKL).
You still need proper interface like for example on my link (VAG COM)

If you want USB cable then it has to be based on the FT232 chip, cables based on other chips may don't work correctly.

I'd like to inform that recently Yani had introduced IAW-16F/18F support in his MultiEcuScan.

Back