General 500 100hp or pand 100hp...

Currently reading:
General 500 100hp or pand 100hp...

I have a 500 and I'm 100% hetro mate, maybe your hiding something...BTW what car have you got thats sooo manly??? a Grande Punto??? I rest my case ;)

You can't tell me a 500 is any more manly than a Grande punto.

Hiding something? like what? That I think some lovely stripes would really set off my eyes?

Its just my opinion that 500s are more of a girls car than a mans car, just like minis. I'm sure you are completely straight. Many others including yourself think differently, and thats fine.

Last edited:
I don't know about that, I would have thought the 500 would hold a lot more value than the Panda with it being so sought after.
it wont be very sought after once the ka comes out, then it'll be a cheaper alternative to the ka, that is its destiny, it was never going to be a mini competitor as the marketing suggested, everyone knew that. in the same way people who bought a grande punto found that it became a cheaper alternative to the corsa despite the initial surge of popularity for the GP simply because it was released first. there is a lot of thought put into release dates and platform sharing you know. fiat has its place in the market, the 500 isnt going to change that.

Last edited:
ok ive heard that the panda 100 is a really fun car. but i was wondering which people think is better?

there's only one way to find out!

FFFFIIIIGGGHHHTTTT!
harry_hill.jpg

But the KA is bloody awfull looking.
so is the corsa, but it still sells 6 times as many units and the GP.

end of the day many more people care about the badge than the style, and a ford or vauxhall bagde sells cars far more easily than a fiat badge. that wont change any time soon because reputation takes a very long time to build up and fiat havent even started building it yet.

Last edited:
Ive never liked the look of the panda, looks like your grandma! or grandads mode of transport, and whoo 100bhp, the 500 is the best looking lil car ive seen in long time and it will prove a hit, Ant!

all very good points people. yeah i supose the panda was desingned more for performance and the 500 on looks. so good point i didnt think of that.i just thought they might be the same to drive as they both have 100 hp and both based on same car.but thats not the case. and yep people do go for the badge over anything .stupid vauxhall and stupid ford.to be honest vahxhall and ford is such a dull brand. i dont even know why vauxhall are selling so many astras. my mate has just bought a asta 12 GRAND for a tiny 1.4 and the car weighs a tone!. its the "sport hatch" and the back visibility is like looking through a letter box and the seats are rock hard and the dash is 10ft long.stupid car and waste of money.fiat all the way:)

If you are after value for money - get the Panda 100hp. I was offered 21% discount on one which is 21% more than you'll get on a 500 at the moment. So, nicely specced Panda for less than £8k or similar spec 500 for £11k+?

Only problem is that you might spend the savings getting your back sorted out - the Panda 100hp has a bone-shaking ride!

NO IT'S NOT, NOT BUY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION.

It's lot's of fun, even nippy, but not what one would call fast.

Fast dosen't even start until you get below 7s 0-060 & over 140 mph.

My sister has a new Corsa VXR, that's quick, but still not fast.

Well said!

One of my main annoyances is people calling cars like this 'fast'

Like you said, its nippy and fun but by no means fast.

Last edited:
I like the 500, but I love the looks of the Panda, making me the odd one out here I reckon.

The 500 is missing something, it's like the new mini (actually, it's better imo, the new mini is so far from a Mini.... that's another story)

I'm considering a 100hp, or a 100hp 500, but everything I read says the 100hp is the better handling car etc, so if it's all down to fun factor, surely the decision is made. The 500 is a bit over priced too considering you're not really getting much more car than the panda!

Chris

the 500 is more of a car of the moment, there will be loads about, which makes the 100hp more exclusive, its not a fast car, but its nippy and probably just as much fun as you know it won't catch you out. The panda even has 'street cred' on its side now as it was complimented by a few local chavs the other week lol!

I like the 500, but I love the looks of the Panda, making me the odd one out here I reckon.

The 500 is missing something, it's like the new mini (actually, it's better imo, the new mini is so far from a Mini.... that's another story)

I'm considering a 100hp, or a 100hp 500, but everything I read says the 100hp is the better handling car etc, so if it's all down to fun factor, surely the decision is made. The 500 is a bit over priced too considering you're not really getting much more car than the panda!

Chris

As a daily driver the 500 is the better all round car I think. The ride is much better than the 100hp, you sit lower too (pet hate about pandas as i hate sitting high up). Its also got better options available too.

But having driven both, the 100hp has a sharper throttle response than the 500 100hp (both in sport mode). The engine map feels more aggressive in the 100hp too. This makes it feel quicker than the 500. Reality says they are about the same. Handling wise the 500 is softer but well composed, the 100hp is much stiffer and has a more sporty feel to it. So the 100hp feels a bit more exciting, but the 500 is more comfortable.

The Mini is a better car than the 500 but you'd expect that, it costs more.

Go test drive both, see what you think.

Back