Punto Evo 2011 punto evo automatic

Currently reading:
Punto Evo 2011 punto evo automatic

kingfisher 760

Hi all just bought the wife the above car for christmas she is very happy,
Only had one key with it so will be looking for help to get another,
It's a real nice car with all the bells and whistles but I think it will take the wife a while to get used too,
Did I tell you she's very very happy with the car so I want to keep in her good books,
The site looks great found a few faults listed on here but not sure if this model has many so I would be very happy with any help,
Look forward to chatting and learning about this car,
And yes she is very happppy with it lol,
ATB Nye

Hello, and welcome to FF, :)

nice car - good system, (y)

replacement keys are an expensive hassle,
:idea:
look up the previous owner , from logbook,
see if they've still got the other one,

worth the effort as FIAT want @£350 for a replacement:eek:

assume it's a 1242 or 1400 petrol engine, good solid motors, :cool:

Charlie - Oxford 2013 punto

Last edited:
Hi thanks the dealer taxed the car so I think it will only show his details as last owner so i think that will be a pain,
It's a 1400 petrol are there any niggles I should look out for with this model,
thanks again

Just a quick update
I had crazy prices from main dealers and some auto locksmiths for a spaire key but I ended up getting a plain one with chip that opens the car,
starts the car and opens the fuel lock for the MASSIVE price of wait for it ----------£35.00 don't think many will beat that,
Nye

Just a quick update
I had crazy prices from main dealers and some auto locksmiths for a spaire key but I ended up getting a plain one with chip that opens the car,
starts the car and opens the fuel lock for the MASSIVE price of wait for it ----------£35.00 don't think many will beat that,
Nye

Perfect, (y)
as my official 2nd key is just the same:rolleyes:

got a link to where you got it, :)

Ebay has similar - that I've bough really cheaply before,

then an autolocksmith for the coding,

was this YOUR method..??, :confused:
Charlie

Perfect, (y)
as my official 2nd key is just the same:rolleyes:

got a link to where you got it, :)

Ebay has similar - that I've bough really cheaply before,

then an autolocksmith for the coding,

was this YOUR method..??, :confused:
Charlie

No Charlie I was going down that route but just by chance I called into a (Cardiff local market/boot sale) that's every week and asked the mobile lock smith and he do it there and then,
So it must have been fate lol

Oh forgot to mention don't bother getting key code you don't need it,
When they plug into your car it gives them all the info they need.

Last edited:
Hi thanks the dealer taxed the car so I think it will only show his details as last owner so i think that will be a pain,
It's a 1400 petrol are there any niggles I should look out for with this model,
thanks again

It's a great engine, nice and simple, but still has a reasonable amount of power around town and motorways. MPG's aren't bad too, driving sensibly gets me around 42MPG, driving with a purpose drops to around 37MPG. My maximum was around 53MPG, but that was sat in between lorries on the M1 one evening.

Reliability is good too, I put 20k miles a year on it, mainly on the motorway, and it's never skipped a beat (same can't be said for the EPAS (n)). Keep it well serviced and maintained, and like the others have said, a solid and dependable engine. That gearbox on the other hand......

It's a great engine, nice and simple, but still has a reasonable amount of power around town and motorways. MPG's aren't bad too, driving sensibly gets me around 42MPG, driving with a purpose drops to around 37MPG. My maximum was around 53MPG, but that was sat in between lorries on the M1 one evening.

Reliability is good too, I put 20k miles a year on it, mainly on the motorway, and it's never skipped a beat (same can't be said for the EPAS (n)). Keep it well serviced and maintained, and like the others have said, a solid and dependable engine. That gearbox on the other hand......

Sorry for being a bit dumb but what is EPAS and whats the problems with the gearbox I should look out for

Back