Punto Evo Hi all. Can anyone help me with a issue i have on my 2011 punto evo 1.6 multiair diesel 120.

Currently reading:
Punto Evo Hi all. Can anyone help me with a issue i have on my 2011 punto evo 1.6 multiair diesel 120.

Woody0711

Hi guys I have a issue, grande punto 2013 1.6tdi. I think its either clutch fluid or gearbox oil. I put clutch in it hit the floor wouldn't come up I lifted with my foot and come up. Then noticed all oil under car. Just looking if anyone had this happen to them. I have moved the car so oil is in diffrent spot was all under gearbox.
I gather it's the clutch slave cylinder that went pop. But is it internal or external on the model.
Many thanks

Hi guys I have a issue, grande punto 2013 1.6tdi. I think its either clutch fluid or gearbox oil. I put clutch in it hit the floor wouldn't come up I lifted with my foot and come up. Then noticed all oil under car. Just looking if anyone had this happen to them. I have moved the car so oil is in diffrent spot was all under gearbox.
I gather it's the clutch slave cylinder that went pop. But is it internal or external on the model.
Many thanks

Hi 🙂

External is sat on top of gearbox... Look down side of battery 😉

Hi 🙂

External is sat on top of gearbox... Look down side of battery 😉
Hi there I have seen alot of videos saying the same but there all on the 1.2 and 1.4 petrols. Not the 1.6 diesel. I have removed the battery and battery tray, but can't seem to find the clutch slave cylinder. I called Mr clutch but they said its internal on this model so I'm confused. Any pictures you could send of the location? Many thanks and happy new year 🎉

Hi there I have seen alot of videos saying the same but there all on the 1.2 and 1.4 petrols. Not the 1.6 diesel. I have removed the battery and battery tray, but can't seem to find the clutch slave cylinder. I called Mr clutch but they said its internal on this model so I'm confused. Any pictures you could send of the location? Many thanks and happy new year 🎉
Sounds like it's not the external type then,

ePER may well give the detail..

Last edited:
I had the slave cylinder fail on my1.3 JTD Qubo a few weeks back, I fixed it and then the release bearing failed. Obvs I had a new clutch fitted but it seemed to me the release bearing was probably the cause of the slave cylinder issue. I hadn't known about clutch slave cylinders until then. My old beetle certainly didn't have one... good luck and keep us posted!

I never had cause to look at the clutch on my punto 1.6mjt however this engine was derived from the larger 1.9 and on my older 1.9 punto HGT diesel the slave was inside the clutch housing and the gearbox had to come off to replace it as it needed to be slotted over the end of the input shaft of the gearbox.

The simple fact is that if you can’t find it on the outside of the gearbox then the obvious solution is it’s internal

Back