Technical 2009 Bravo 1.6 diesel - very cold draught in driver's foortwell. Help!

Currently reading:
Technical 2009 Bravo 1.6 diesel - very cold draught in driver's foortwell. Help!

Here is a schematic of the heater system that I found when investigating my problem...

Attachments

• heater.pdf
    267.2 KB · Views: 72
PROV,
On first glance that look really helpful.
What part number was the problematic one for you?
I'm thinking part number 4, looks like the intake under the scuttle run, below the windscreen. Would you think thats right.

So did you ever have the draught problem with yours or just the misting?

I dont really have a misting problem in mine but perhaps mine is stuck open, perhaps a combination of this and what 'sludgeguts said.

Im taking the black grille off tomorrow and see what i can feel down there.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Yes it was number 4. If you look halfway down it there is a flap, this flap was stuck shut on ours, so effectively leaving the air recirc on. In cold weather when the air con compressor wasnt on the car misted up terribly, to the point where all the windows were misting up.

I didnt have a draught problem. To remedy the problem it was either a dash out job to replace the actuator recircolo, or fix the flap open. I chose the latter and placed some wire to hold the flap open. That was over a year ago and has been fine since. It means of course I cant have the air recirc on, but havent missed it.

Its worth looking at to see if all is in order with yours....

and...
there is a seal kit, as you see at the drawings.. it is better to check them...

For what its worth, I have the same problem on my T-Jet Sport - had to crank the temperatures up to 27 earlier in the week at motorway speeds and wished I had been wearing 2 pairs of socks

Hi, I realise the last threads are a few months old now. I have just purchased 2011 Dynamic 1.6Eco.
I am also getting an icy blast of cold air in the drivers footwell; as previous thread it seems to be coming from a join in the trim just by the footwell heater vent. the heater works very well but there is this icy blast of air giving me freezing feet. I have tried covering everything in gaffer tape with no success.
I previously owned a 150tjet active for a short period of time and had exactly the same problem, but changed it for other reasons before getting it investigated -I assumed it was a one-off!
Otherwise car is fantastic.
Any of you guys managed to find a fix?

Hi,

I have had this draft problem for years.

I just thought it was a design fault and that there wasn@t enough insulation or something....I'll have to look into it further too...I'm lucky I don't do a lot of high mileage about 60.

But your not going mad mate, it is definitely there. My knees ache after a long drive to see the outlaws. then my ears ache more on the way home too.:rolleyes:

We shall endeavour to fix it.....

SilverBravo2 :D

Back