Technical 2007 punto 1.2 cutting out when stopping, help please

Currently reading:
Technical 2007 punto 1.2 cutting out when stopping, help please

Replace nothing.
Yes a bad MAP can cause this, like many other things...
If only you could find an other one to switch it for a test...
It's not a cheap sensor to just test a new one.

Read the values first to make sure it's not a stupid temp sensor problem etc.

ps, just to delete it from the list, can you check voltage with the car running idle?

Replace nothing.
Yes a bad MAP can cause this, like many other things...
If only you could find an other one to switch it for a test...
It's not a cheap sensor to just test a new one.

Read the values first to make sure it's not a stupid temp sensor problem etc.

ps, just to delete it from the list, can you check voltage with the car running idle?
ok thanks will do tomorrow and will let you know the outcome :mad:

As said above, do not replace anything.
The issue needs to be diagnosed, not just guess and replace, which if lucky may work, or may mask issues or create new ones.
Ideally needs MultiECUScan to read what is going on and hopefully pinpoint the problem area.
Common issues include plugs, plug leads and coils, as well as connections to the coils, the ECU and engine earths.

Just to say, been tied up with work but what I did today was to disconnect the MAP sensor and the engine light came on and I took it for a spin on the carriageway, stopped more than 5 times at lay bys and it never cut off, just a rough idle and less power setting off? Could it be a faulty sensor?

(y)SOLVED.... Symptoms were car cutting at stopping, Less power when setting off or up a bank at low speed hence taking long to reach 70mph, Very slight misfire ie a little shaky when idling,

ERROR P0172 LAMBDA TOO RICH, P0105 MAP SENSOR were coming up after putting a cheap MAP sensor I got off ebay, otherewise before the EML wasnt lit.

The problem was when the timing belt was done, it was out, took it to the garage and they had to reset it, Power back on, normal driving. EML wasnt going off say P0105 Pressure Sensor, all caused by the Ebay cheap Map sensor I had put, I had to clean the old one, bosch, and put it back on. Bingooooo! Then the light reset first time. :DI am so HAPPY.

Please check your car perfomance after the doing the timing belt because all different kinds of faults will come out leading you the wrong way.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT LEADING THE RIGHT WAY.

Ah...you should have said you have done timing belt replacement.

Phonic wheel learn is a must procedure on 1.2 8v engines after belt replacement!

All good in the end :)

Back