General 2005 fiat ducato window not workinh

Currently reading:
General 2005 fiat ducato window not workinh

Steve11115

Hi guys, i have a 2005 ducato 11 the drivers window will not work. Have stripped down and no power to window motor. Power to and from window switch. Replaced control module and still no luck. Any tips? Thanks steve

Steve,

From a quick look at eLearn diagram E3050. the power to the switches is ignition controlled and is for control only.

Operating power for the RH window is via fuse F48 (20A yellow) in RHS cab fuse panel, bottom row second from left, but first from left may not be fitted.

If F48 is OK, check F47, fourth from left on upper row, this is shown as being for the LH window, but eLearn does not always change correctly for LH and RH drive vehicles.

A stiff or faulty mechanism may have caused this fuse to fail. Please tell us what you find.

Hi,

had the same problem. Cable was broken approx. 1 cm before the 2pin connector of
the window motor. Switch had power, but windows motor - most of the time - not.

Good luck!

Steve,

From a quick look at eLearn diagram E3050. the power to the switches is ignition controlled and is for control only.

Operating power for the RH window is via fuse F48 (20A yellow) in RHS cab fuse panel, bottom row second from left, but first from left may not be fitted.

If F48 is OK, check F47, fourth from left on upper row, this is shown as being for the LH window, but eLearn does not always change correctly for LH and RH drive vehicles.

A stiff or faulty mechanism may have caused this fuse to fail. Please tell us what you find.

Thanks for the reply, i checked fuse 4th from left on top row and it says its the front headlamp fuse.
Window fuse was correct and is fine, presumably they both run of that fuse?

Hi,

had the same problem. Cable was broken approx. 1 cm before the 2pin connector of
the window motor. Switch had power, but windows motor - most of the time - not.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply, i have checked the cables in between the door and have no power there either as i thought cabke may have broken

I have checked the cables in the rubber sleave connecting the door and have no power through them

I have checked the cables in the rubber sleave connecting the door and have no power through them
Steve,

It is not clear as to what / how you have tested for power going to the door.

Have you dismantled the door, and checked for voltage at the window motor, or did you only check for voltage at the inboard end of the door cable? I am not suggesting that you dismantle the door. Much easier if you avoid this, until fault is proved to be in the door/cable.

Ah sorry, ive dismantled the door and taken the glovebox out to get at module. I tested the motor cable and no power to window motor. Tested cable in between door, poked the tester end into the cable and no power there and then no power coming from module when window switch pressed. Tried a new module and window motor as well

Sorry Steve, I had forgotten that you mentioned stripping the door in your initial post.

In view of the confusion over fusing can you confirm that it is an x244 of 2005 manufacture, and not perhaps of 2004 manufacture? Also what engine is fitted, but I cannot see why that should affect the window operation.

eLearn has a considerable number of errors on the diagrams, and the errors may not be confined to that area, perhaps in part due to

translation. The description for window operation mentions up and down outputs for the window operation. I take that to mean that the designated wire is positive, for that direction of operation. I expect that the other wire will be earth, with polarity reversed for the other direction.

Perhaps you have been doing this, but it is best to connect a multimeter, or other test device across the motor wires.

You may have done this already, but as you have access to the window motor can you confirm the wire colours which are given on the diagram E3050, as violet/black and violet/white. Then the difficult part, find connector D017 behind the RH fuse panel. This is shown as a 14 way connector. The relevant pins are 1 & 2.

Working backwards the output of the control module is on 20 way connector A pins 1 & 3. If your control module is the same as that on the previously linked version of eLearn, 12V power input is on connector A pins 15 & 16. Difficult I know, but can you test at these points.

I hope that you can find some help from this post, but please post the final cure, for the benefit of others with a similar problem

Sorry Steve, I had forgotten that you mentioned stripping the door in your initial post.

In view of the confusion over fusing can you confirm that it is an x244 of 2005 manufacture, and not perhaps of 2004 manufacture? Also what engine is fitted, but I cannot see why that should affect the window operation.

eLearn has a considerable number of errors on the diagrams, and the errors may not be confined to that area, perhaps in part due to

translation. The description for window operation mentions up and down outputs for the window operation. I take that to mean that the designated wire is positive, for that direction of operation. I expect that the other wire will be earth, with polarity reversed for the other direction.

Perhaps you have been doing this, but it is best to connect a multimeter, or other test device across the motor wires.

You may have done this already, but as you have access to the window motor can you confirm the wire colours which are given on the diagram E3050, as violet/black and violet/white. Then the difficult part, find connector D017 behind the RH fuse panel. This is shown as a 14 way connector. The relevant pins are 1 & 2.

Working backwards the output of the control module is on 20 way connector A pins 1 & 3. If your control module is the same as that on the previously linked version of eLearn, 12V power input is on connector A pins 15 & 16. Difficult I know, but can you test at these points.

I hope that you can find some help from this post, but please post the final cure, for the benefit of others with a similar problem

Hi communicator, thanks for last post, i have had time to look again today, the two motor cables are violet and yellow and the other is red and white.
The switch wires seem to be white and blue for power, up is black and pink and down is violet and red power in switch but not in motor.
The module has 24 pins, not sure where the 14 way one is. Its a 2.0 hdi 2005, the wiring label says produces in 10/2005

Thanks communicator for the help, re read your message and noticed you said about fuse box on the right hand side, didn't realise there was a 2nd fuse box. Fuse had gone in that one, all sorted finally. Thanks again

Back