Currently reading:
Technical 2005 Ducato 2.0 JTD 11

BaraScudo

2005 Ducato 2.0 JTD 11 High Pressure Fuel Pump

Hi folks.

Bought myself this about 2 weeks ago with no MOT but only 115k on it. Been sitting for 1 year thru Lockdown. Inner/outer cills were rotten. Needed 500£ of welding done, the front right caliper was siezed, passenger door didn't work, rear lock was siezed, but the cabin is mint and it's not been abused. Long story short I got it all good and on the road. Everything works!

Yesterday it wouldn't start on the drive. Noticed a Fuel Leak. Traced it to the HPFP. Then thought 'Great' I have fixed these before' then realised it was connected to the Tbelt. This is where my experience and skills stop.

Does the Tbelt need to be removed etc to get the pump off? I need to replace the O-rings in it.

Hopefully this is why it isn't starting. However, I did run the battery a little low on the same day as I left the rear doors open with the interior light on.

Strange thing is, it wouldn't start all day, but turned over OK. Left it a few hours and went back to it; it started right away, so took it for a short run. Parked it again for the night and went to start again today. Just turns over. The leaking 'had' stopped until I tried to get it going again. Obviously builds up then leaks out.

Hesitant to start trying to take the pump off if it's connected to the Tbelt. Can't find any info doing a Google Search on this.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Have you tried looking under "Procedures" on eLearn?

Hi, No, I'm not a frequenter on this forum as only just bought my Fiat. I did have a Scudo about 4 years back when I joined.

I'm going to assume it's on this site? I'll take a look. Thanks.

As I haven't been able to find any answers anywhere online, I took a look myself.

Seems the Fuel Pump sprocket is on a tapered wedge held firm by a retaining nut. Once the nut is off it's a simple case of gently levering it off the taper.

I've prepaired the fuel pump by replacing all orings.

However, putting the sprocket back on to a spinning spindle in the fuel pump wasn't so easy. This is where a dedicated holding tool would have been handy. It works by pressing the sprocket onto the wedge. as the sprocket is held in place with the timing belt that is also locked in place. However i manged to clamp the sprocket and got a decent hold with an impact driver the fasten the nut. Recommended Torque is 25nm.

Last edited:
Back