Technical 2003 2.0L Petrol change spark plugs

Currently reading:
Technical 2003 2.0L Petrol change spark plugs

grahamcjones

Recently purchased a 2003 2.0 Auto Elegenza with 54k on the clock as there was no service history since 36k two and a half years ago I put the vehicle into my main dealer and asked him to do the 56k service but I asked him to change the spark plugs, this is not part of the 56k service but it would appear that they weren't changed at the 36k either, which is why I asked them to be changed. anyway long story cut short is £660 odd later and vehicle back so called fully serviced but they didn't change plugs and occasionally just occasionally the car idles and runs roughly, so on the basis that the plugs are now 7 years old can someone tell me are they easy to change as a quick look under the bonnet makes me think they are a devil to get at. I own and service several Jags including 3 V12's so I'm not afraid of changing spark plugs in awkward places but I really cannot see how you get to these.

Last edited:
How much more than £660 is a petrol 03 Ulysse worth? after all its now 8 yrs old! not a lot in my book. That seems very high for a service with no plugs changed. What did you pay form the car? was the cam belt, water pump ever changed? did you get a guarantee?:eek:

It was a HP re-possesion and cost only £970 which I didn't think bad for a 2 owner with 54K on the clock immaculate bodywork good tyres I just use as a tow vehicle and 'van' to collect bits for my collection of Jags. But the main dealer I used locally was a complete rip-off. one example was the OSF headlight was not aligned very well, they quoted over £400 for a replacement, when I got the vehicle back from them I looked into it and found the small spring retainer clip to the halogen bulb had come loose thus the bulb was not being held in place. Yes I was horrified, that's why I want to change plugs myself, I have now ordered a 'service cd' off of Ebay so will wait till that arrives to see what job entails. would value any feedback from anyone who has changed the plugs though.

Last edited:
Back