Technical 2002 Ducato undertray

Currently reading:
Technical 2002 Ducato undertray

Ronnie63

I was not sure if my Ducato should have an undertray but from what I have read it should! Mine is not the x244 but the previous model. I'm just wondering if I should get one ? Maybe it would protect belts from road debris?

Thanks Ronnie

I was not sure if my Ducato should have an undertray but from what I have read it should! Mine is not the x244 but the previous model. I'm just wondering if I should get one ? Maybe it would protect belts from road debris?

Thanks Ronnie
I strongly advise you to fit one . Yes it does protect , not only the belts , but others thing like starter motor , and even the chassis . They are an unwieldy thing , but in my opinion worth the grief . Currently , i'm involved with some quite major work on my 2000 , x230 , forerunner to the 244 , so i'm guessing pretty much the same as yours . My starter motor and vacuum pump are both rusting , along with the high pressure power steering pipe from the pump . And i also suspect it's the reason i have found significant corrosion on three metal pipes attached to the steering rack . Other things i suspect affected , are the alternator adjuster (seized) , and timing belt anti vibration damper (also seized) . It was the first part i sourced directly after purchase of my van back in 2017 .
Belly pans are available in this country , from Coastal Motorhomes , i think in Ringwood , but either way Hampshire , and cost around 60 quid . They do mail order ! .

Back