Technical Ducato 2002 2,8jtd Gearbox/coupling Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2002 2,8jtd Gearbox/coupling Problem

Mickerorsvik

HI!
I have a problem with my Camper (Fiat Ducato 2,8jtd) 2002

- Is really hard to get in first gear, but it is easier if you lift the latch how to prevent you select reverse.

No different if the car is running or not.

-The problem is getting worst when the car is hot, then also applies to the second gear and reverse.

No problem at all when is cold with second and reverse.

Oil is changed and we have used the car for around 5000km, good quality on the oil.

Does somebody have any idea what can be the problem?

br

Hi, there is a pivot on the top of the gearbox which can get stiff/seized due to 'lubrication' by run-off water from the scuttle. If you haven't greased this it is worth doing as a first step before looking elsewhere.

There are a few threads about it on the forum (search for 'gearbox pivot') but here's one:

Hi, there is a pivot on the top of the gearbox which can get stiff/seized due to 'lubrication' by run-off water from the scuttle. If you haven't greased this it is worth doing as a first step before looking elsewhere.

There are a few threads about it on the forum (search for 'gearbox pivot') but here's one:

Hi Thanks for your answer.
I will check this of curse, but I don't believe this is the problemt.
Should not be any different if it is cold or hot?
is it one pivot for the first, second and reverse gear?

If lifting the reverse lock slightly helps then it suggests a small adjustment on the gear linkage may be the answer, has the gearbox been out recently and fault happened after?

If lifting the reverse lock slightly helps then it suggests a small adjustment on the gear linkage may be the answer, has the gearbox been out recently and fault happened after?
Hi!
Gearbox has not been out. That was also may ide to adjust gear linkage but Lift Reverse lock is only helping when engine is cold.

Hi Again! i have removed the reverse lock on the gearstick just as a test. It's working fine to get in first and second gear, standing still.
But when the car is moving/rolling with the clutch down it is hard to get it in first gear.
Guessing that I have a problem with the coupling or coupling bearing? Wrong oil? Somebody haveing any idea?

Back