DSC0024310.jpg

Uno 2.0 16V Fiat Uno Turbo from South Africa

Introduction

Hi I am new here..... I have a passion for Italian cars.

I started 6 months ago with a project Uno turbo. The car looked realy bad when i got her.

I fitted a 2.0 16V Turbo engin in the bay and revamped the whole car.

Here is some pictures.

This was how she looked when I got her.

The End Result

I thought that originally but its not exactly like its trying to be true to the original at all and as he said, its got more power than the italian equivalent.. Fair play IMO, if your building a 2ltr turbo Uno then why not use the more powerful engine.. makes sense to me.

Each to their own. I've driven some quick non-fiat cars and the engine note left me, well, empty. It just went brum, brum, brum. Without a doubt hes done well with the engineering - all credit to him for making it fit - but there is more to life than power and I'd have liked to have seen an italian lump providing the traction.

Hellcat said:
:yuck:

It's a soul-less shell of a car then :(

Hahaha.............found that funny for some reason

Im against engine conversions but its good to have variety, but to turn around say to someone "its the ********".........isnt really doing the car (from standard) justice

The whole "change the engine" thing says that the original engine was a pile of ****!

Well........ i think uno-jens has proved many, many, many people wrong! :D

Have you not had to really increase the chassis stregnth, my mum and dad used to have a friend with an uno turbo and he did minimal performance upgrades to it and the chassis twisted slightly.

pranksta said:
Have you not had to really increase the chassis stregnth, my mum and dad used to have a friend with an uno turbo and he did minimal performance upgrades to it and the chassis twisted slightly.

Cage it :D

Thats what im gettng done, TIG welded BTCC (im hoping for) cage...........with 1 rear seat in the middle (y)

Sup Fiat maties!!!

Long time no Smell. i sold the Uno to my Brother, and he is racing it now.

Fastest 1/4 mile time was 13.5sec flat by me.
We did some upgrades but the enfin is still standard.
180kw and 455nm torque...We love the torque in these engines.
Fitted a BiiiiiiiiG intercooler
Boost controller
Fitted Falken Azenis RT 615 Semi Slick Racing tires
Fitted a Roll Cage.

Thats about it...

Germany_VS_Jap_2007_216.jpg

DSCF1694.jpg

DSCF1728.jpg

DSCF1924.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back