General 16v to 20v L@@K

Currently reading:
General 16v to 20v L@@K

Mr 16 Valve

Im looking at transplanting a 20v 2.0ltr turbo from a fiat coupe,
my m8 has done it in his bravo, and engine bay is about the same size,
does any1 hav any specs or comments to aid the transformation from this mild manered runaround into a quarter mile beast.

Cheers Mr 16V (soon to be 20V)

use the search button and find minifreaks topic and link to the puntosports forum where there was a lengthy topic about him fitting the 16vT coupe engine into a mk1.

he did it, but with some metal work, and a very large shoehorn.

AFAIK no one has done a 20vT to good effect.

simply NOT wide enough (you'll notice HGT bravo's are wider than 4cyl models to cator for the 5pot engine).

AND the head is freaking massive. unless you are able to tilt the engine AND mount it so low the sump would be on the tarmac (think minifreak had to get a custom sump made up for the 16vT as that was tight on height too).

basically 16vT transplant is done and tested, and whilst i'd like the soundtrack from teh 20vT too, it simply won't happen in a mk1 unless you cut the entire front end off (from A pillar) and go custom rails and a full shell build, then bolt on home made body panels to make it look something like a punto.

OH and the bravo is a damn site wider and better at carryingth weight

Have a look at a (my old :cry:) Coupe 20VT engine here.
Big isn't it?
There's even more of it underneath! :p
It must be hard work trying to get that into a Punto engine bay.
H

it is possible.

but as I say, you'd basically have to cut the entire front end off from the a pillar forward and custom fab it all.

and no, it would be far from safe.

the mk1 is front heavy with the 1.2 fire engine. let alone a 2.0 20vT
if you want evidense check the front of my bumper out, scuffed to buggery isn't it, thats because the back end flicks up on back roads and the front nose dives.
no it isn't lowered.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Its freekin Nuts! The bodywork supposed to be cut to bits for the engine to fit. But the guy backs the car up on PSC. Theres some photos of the underside and engine/body work on the above link

All credit to him I say. If he had kept it standard on the outside i think it would have look fab! wolf in sheeps clothing.

He should have adopted a street sleeper look (y) instead of the aggressive body work and ****ty lights (n)

I wonder what it handles like?? *Hmmmm :chin:

*Titanic springs to mind

Back