Technical 126 electronic ignition

Currently reading:
Technical 126 electronic ignition

richard1938

Hello all
I thought that I would replace the 498cc engine in my 500 for a 650cc engine out of a late production Polish126.
What I didn’t realise was that the Polish 126 is distributor less. There is no access for a distributor in the block.
Apparently, the engine is electronically controlled
I am told that replacing the 498cc engine with the 650cc engine is not unusual, and would very much appreciate any assistance that such a member may offer.
Thanks a lot

Hello All
Sorry to see that no one has responded to my last post, and blame myself for perhaps being unclear in my enquiry.
So, I try again
I bought a 650cc engine out of a Fiat 126 that was manufactured in Poland sometime in the 90s.To replace the 498cc engine in my Fiat 110f.
What I wasn’t aware of ,is that thePolish engine did not have a distributor, but an electronic ignition system described as nanoplex 123a.
I am told that replacing the 498cc engine in a Fiat 110f with the 650cc engine from theFiat 126 is a popular move , and therefore assume that someone in the forum has some experience of the above, and a possible solution
I would very much appreciate any assistance with the above, and look forward to hearing from someone soon
Thanks a lot
RW

Hi Mate, I have also been looking at these nanoplex engines to use as a base to build a new engine for my Fiat.
From my research, it seems all parts are available still. Im assuming you received no wiring with your engine?
There are three tabs on the back of the centrifugal pulley which the crankshaft position sensor detects and sends that position to the ignition module. The system uses a twin coil and also uses a vacuum sensor, for engine advance. From my info, this isnt necessary.
Timing is adjusted by sliding the position sensor slightly. Looks simple and reliable, see below parts required,

With replacing the 110f engine with a 126, it is simple enough and there are many threads for this on the forum of how this is done and what differences you will find
1653986090236.png

Hello Deckwood
Thanks for your comments, and I agree that there appears to be no difficulty in replacing the 110f engine, with the 126 650 cc engine.
However, fitting electronic ignition as per the original Polish 126 system , which I am told used the NANOPLEX MODULE ECU MED 213A, seems quite involved.
The only ignition parts fitted to the engine that I bought, is the pulley, and the sensor unit. I have since bought a used Nanoplex 213a ecu, but now require all of the cables to make the necessary connections.
The picture that you have attached of an ignition system looks simpler. and may be better.
Can you please let me know where I can get it from, and how much it costs?
Thanks a lot
R W

Hello Deckwood
Thanks for your comments, and I agree that there appears to be no difficulty in replacing the 110f engine, with the 126 650 cc engine.
However, fitting electronic ignition as per the original Polish 126 system , which I am told used the NANOPLEX MODULE ECU MED 213A, seems quite involved.
The only ignition parts fitted to the engine that I bought, is the pulley, and the sensor unit. I have since bought a used Nanoplex 213a ecu, but now require all of the cables to make the necessary connections.
The picture that you have attached of an ignition system looks simpler. and may be better.
Can you please let me know where I can get it from, and how much it costs?
Thanks a lot
R W
Hi R W
The one pictured is from Mr Fiat in the US, it seems a bit pricey considering the costs of the items individually from Axle and some other European suppliers, however it does come with the wiring which i have not been able to locate for sale anywhere except Ebay Poland.
I was going to make my own wiring loom as the plugs are readily available. See this forum on the nanoplex;

Attachments

• 100_6566(1).jpg
    100_6566(1).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 75
Back