Technical 1.9 jtd multipla 2000 reg

Currently reading:
Technical 1.9 jtd multipla 2000 reg

goldienova

hi every1 i have a 1.9 jtd 2000 reg i have a problem the injection system fault light came on so i when home (bout 15mile) got home left it for 10mins then started it agen and its gone the light comes on wen i turn the key then gos out same as the glow plug light can any1 HELP me plz

Hi & Welcome to The Fiat Forum!
Ignore it for now if it has gone off, the ECU will have logged an error code though so there may be a clue via an EOBD2 code reader if it comes back.

All warning lights should illuminate & go off with just the ignition on (not engine started) after the vehicle has done a self - check, the ones that dont self extinguish at this time should do so once the engine is running.

Around £35 - £40 for a basic code reader on E-Bay, a Dealer will charge you around £60 - £80 to just read the code on Fiat Examiner... be aware though that the codes dont point you to the fault, they help diagnose the fault which may have a less obvious root cause...

Last edited:
ok thanks ill leave it for mow as i took it for a good 100mile run and it drives fine no lights came on so ill try get a code reader and shud i delete the fault code with that ????

hi every1 i have a 1.9 jtd 2000 reg i have a problem the injection system fault light came on so i when home (bout 15mile) got home left it for 10mins then started it agen and its gone the light comes on wen i turn the key then gos out same as the glow plug light can any1 HELP me plz

Had this on my 2000 see thread #4 for background info on the fault code, but as Ffoxy says if the injection icon is now gone, do nowt, spend nowt, see if it returns.

thanks for all the help ill leave it alone for now see if it comes back on what happend to your 2000 multi was it ok ???

all running fine but now my handbrake light is on and fades away i went out in the wet and it came on then faded away and duz it all the time now and the brakes if i aply them hard thay jedder then bite ???? any help guys

all running fine but now my handbrake light is on and fades away i went out in the wet and it came on then faded away and duz it all the time now and the brakes if i aply them hard thay jedder then bite ???? any help guys

May be an ABS sensor issue or worn pads...

I agree... ours comes on when wet, then fades as it dries... and the sensor fell off about a year ago.

Back