Tuning 1.4 16v remap td performance

Currently reading:
Tuning 1.4 16v remap td performance

TomK

Look at the email below. Is this the ecu in the grande?

With bosch ECU yes.
Sent: 06 January 2011 23:38
To: TD Performance Tuning
Subject: Re: Contact from TD Performance
Is it defiantly possible to map this engine then?

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 23, 2010, at 2:31 PM, "TD Performance Tuning" <[email protected]> wrote:

The 1.4 16v with the Bosch ME 7.9.10 ECU can be mapped it costs £299 for us to map the ECU local or via post or £399 Mobile.
Sent: 21 December 2010 23:49
To: [email protected]
Subject: Contact from TD Performance
Name: tom
Email Address: @hotmail.co.uk
Subject: Re-mapping - Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 L 16V

Enquiry:
HI, how much does this map cost? i read online that it isnt possible to remap this engine? I am very interested if you can actually map it. thanks, Tom

Last edited:
it wont be worth the money imo mate. i was tempted as i too have a starjet, but unless youve allready done some serious engine mods it wouldnt make much difference at all.

how much difference do you personally think it will make then mate?
do you wreckon it would be possible to get 120bhp out of the starjet with a few other its aswell?

how much difference do you personally think it will make then mate?
do you wreckon it would be possible to get 120bhp out of the starjet with a few other its aswell?

Yes, Not only that it will make more torque and produce that torque over much more of the rev range. This makes it drive much better and makes it behave very much like a bigger engine.

Pointless mapping an N/A engine this small.

Don't post about something you obviously don't know about (y)

There's no VFM Chris, not in the slightest. The gains you'd get will be utterly minimal at best, if at all. May give you 2-3bhp and a more responsive engine, but that's about it.

EDIT: On a bigger N/A engine it would be worth it, especially with the correct mods, but on a 1.4? Waste of money.

Last edited:
There's no VFM Chris, not in the slightest. The gains you'd get will be utterly minimal at best, if at all. May give you 2-3bhp and a more responsive engine, but that's about it.

EDIT: On a bigger N/A engine it would be worth it, especially with the correct mods, but on a 1.4? Waste of money.

I say it here, it comes out there.

Why do you continue to argue? I HAVE HAD THIS DONE on my car and what I'm saying is it DOES make a very positive difference and gives you ALOT more than another 2-3bhp which is a figure you've just pulled out of your head at random.

I say it here, it comes out there.

Why do you continue to argue? I HAVE HAD THIS DONE on my car and what I'm saying is it DOES make a very positive difference and gives you ALOT more than another 2-3bhp which is a figure you've just pulled out of your head at random.

It's common knowledge. Mapping N/A engines is a waste of money (unless ITB'd). The only reason it's done on N/A is to tie several mods together i.e filter/zorst/de-cat/etc.

You will notice a difference in terms of the way the engine respons, the rev limiter may be raised and you might have more torque lower down, but apart from that, the gain is absolutely minimal.

Who mapped your car, out of curiosity? What are the before and afters? If it's anything more than 5bhp I'd get it on another RR.

(y)

Chris where did you get it done? Im intrested in something similar

RedDot. They really know their stuff with Fiat's, Alfa's and Ferrari's. I went from 98bhp to 116bhp with the GSR induction kit and remap. Now got moderately hot cams in too just trying to get my self round to forking out for better exhaust before another remap. All seems a bit futile when I've got a 20V Turbo Coupe consuming all my funds :eek:. Same sort of investment on that car would give me an extra 100bhp :eek: :cry:

It's common knowledge. Mapping N/A engines is a waste of money (unless ITB'd). The only reason it's done on N/A is to tie several mods together i.e filter/zorst/de-cat/etc.

You will notice a difference in terms of the way the engine respons, the rev limiter may be raised and you might have more torque lower down, but apart from that, the gain is absolutely minimal.

Who mapped your car, out of curiosity? What are the before and afters? If it's anything more than 5bhp I'd get it on another RR.

(y)

You forgot cams. And again your post seems to be mostly based on subjective opinion rather than facts or experiences.

I have had it on another rolling road up north and it made 6bhp less although I did have a couple of minor running issues at the time and a change in cams without the relevant change in maps to adjust for them.

When i get paid I think im gonna make a custom induction like some others on here like the gsr. Alot cheaper! I've managed to get a few of the silicone elbows I need from my work :D

RedDot. They really know their stuff with Fiat's, Alfa's and Ferrari's. I went from 98bhp to 116bhp with the GSR induction kit and remap. Now got moderately hot cams in too just trying to get my self round to forking out for better exhaust before another remap. All seems a bit futile when I've got a 20V Turbo Coupe consuming all my funds :eek:. Same sort of investment on that car would give me an extra 100bhp :eek: :cry:

your mad not to put that money in your coupe lol. i used to think about that with my gp, but now use her as my commuting car, with high mpg, which she does excellently (y) and i have a project car im doing to have some fun in :D. that way its best of both worlds, for you surely doing the coupe up will be more worth it, and alot more fun with the results after?

Back