Technical 1.3 multijet lambda sensor

Currently reading:
Technical 1.3 multijet lambda sensor

Rafal1975

Hello to everyone. I need a help with my 1.3 multijet 95 go euro 6. When I start engine in the morning when it’s cold the smell of fumes it’s really bad. Eveytime when stop on the traffic lights I can smell fumes inside. No leaks in the exhaust when it’s above 15 degrees outside it’s ok but winter it’s very bad I thought maybe lambda sensor. Please help I like my car but I drive in london and stops quite often and smell fumes.
Thank you for all your sugestions.
Rafal

Attachments

• IMG_3655.jpeg
    IMG_3655.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
Hello to everyone. I need a help with my 1.3 multijet 95 go euro 6. When I start engine in the morning when it’s cold the smell of fumes it’s really bad. Eveytime when stop on the traffic lights I can smell fumes inside. No leaks in the exhaust when it’s above 15 degrees outside it’s ok but winter it’s very bad I thought maybe lambda sensor. Please help I like my car but I drive in london and stops quite often and smell fumes.
Thank you for all your sugestions.
Rafal
May not be relevant, but daughter had an older 1.3 multijet with a bad smell in the mornings etc. When car heater was set to recirculate not fresh air the smell wasn't noticeable.
Smell was coming from the engine compartment, in her case the injectors were leaking in the cylinder head due to seals not holding down tight by poorly designed clamps (one single bolt clamp holding two injectors).
I have also had this with the flexible coupling on exhausts leaking from cold but less noticeable with warm engine.
If injectors not sealing in head this may affect Lambda readings.
Easy to check just pull engine cover off when cold and get someone to start it as you watch engine.
Apart from all that, if your car is mostly used around London slow/low speed, is it possible it is trying unsuccessfully to do a Regen?

Back