General 0.9L 85hp real fuel consumption

Currently reading:
General 0.9L 85hp real fuel consumption

deebe

Hi,
We just bought a 2015 Fiat 500 Lounge with 0.9L 85hp TwinAir.
The claimed urban fuel consumption for it is 4.4 L/100km.
I managed to record about 6.7 L/100km in a fairly representative city driving - a bit of 70 km/h freeway plus local streets.
I was wondering how that compares with what the other owners get.

Thank you.

The claimed urban fuel consumption for it is 4.4 L/100km.
I managed to record about 6.7 L/100km in a fairly representative city driving - a bit of 70 km/h freeway plus local streets.
That's pretty much what everyone else who's bought a TwinAir has found. The claimed urban fuel consumption figures are about as unrealistic as it's possible to get; this has been known since the first test drive reviews when this engine option was first launched.

Nobody buys a TA for its economy. Anyone who wants, or needs, maximum economy from their 500 should buy a 1.2.

I used to listen to Pandtoni just lean back and slurp an entire tank full in one gulp.. Fuuuuuuuuuuull Empty.

We have a Panda Waze Cross 4x4 it does 43 no effort, around 50 with some thought and 60+ with as much care as I can provide to driving properly. A 500 must do better. However our last one must have been built by Esso. It was truely shocking 10 to 40 and may be 46 but driving was unacceptable to get there. I think Fiat were ALREADY fiddling with fuel maps back in 2016 trying to resolve the poor real world consumption and there seems a lot of different reports on economy that I suspect results from no two being the same fuel map,

Dutch fuel card provider Travelcard keeps track of real-life fuel economy of it's clients cars.
The 2015 Lounge TA averages 5,76 L/100Km (49 mpg) according to their list.

The 1.2 lounge is listed for 6.3 l/100 Km (45 mgp)

(It doesn't say how many Travelcard clients drive a 500 but it's probably in the thousands)

Dutch fuel card provider Travelcard keeps track of real-life fuel economy of it's clients cars.
The 2015 Lounge TA averages 5,76 L/100Km (49 mpg) according to their list.

The 1.2 lounge is listed for 6.3 l/100 Km (45 mgp)

(It doesn't say how many Travelcard clients drive a 500 but it's probably in the thousands)
Sounds like the Dutch are somewhat more frugal people than Australians...!;)

For what's it worth - I did a few short measurements by just resetting the trip computer on the go in different conditions.
I clocked about 5.7 L/100km on a country freeway doing 110 km/h, and 4.2 L/100km for 5-10 min doing 80 km/h on a freeway in town.
Small and slow trips on local roads (< 3rd gear) take it beyond 9 L/100km.

A related question, if anyone knows: during engine braking going downhill the trip computer shows 2.0 L/100km instant consumption - is that meaningful or just a default placeholder value? I expect the fuel to be cut off completely in that situation.

A related question, if anyone knows: during engine braking going downhill the trip computer shows 2.0 L/100km instant consumption - is that meaningful or just a default placeholder value? I expect the fuel to be cut off completely in that situation.
Figures gained over short distances can be misleading.

I have to go out on Thursday so I'll try to replicate the 2.0L/100km figure. I run my odo on miles (for old time's sake!) but if I think of it I'll change it over to metric for that trip.

My 2016, 1.2 Lounge shows the same. 2.0L/100Km when engine-breaking.
I was also expecting it to be 0

Back