IMAG1141.jpg

Panda Yet another 100HP

Introduction

He's home. (y)

IMAG1141.jpg

Only just got back, so this is a rush. The lightest clutch and steering wheel in the world. I haven't tried sport yet.

It is a little bouncy, but not that hard... However, those bloody brick speedbumps that are outside my house are a nightmare. I have to drive over them at 1MPH.

The sub doesn't do anything until the EQ is in 'Rock' then it gets a bit loud. :D

Tiny mirrors are very very tiny.

I'm working tomorrow afternoon, he must be washed and polished before I show him off. :p
The honeycomb bit above the "diffuser" at the back? I use a sponge, some fairy liquid (no, it doesn't go anywhere near the paintwork) and a pressure washer to get them clean. Even then, they're still not as clean as I'd like them to be :(.

I used one of those giant yellow sponges, I thought I'd cleaned them all until the car dried. :mad:

Don't you mean Bossa Nova White? :p

Bossa Nova white "The only colour the 500 was made in."

It's been a month...
The jiggling gets a bit tedious and sometimes happens on flat smooth roads. :confused: Speedbumps need to be abolished, if you live near them, do NOT buy a 100.

I don't think i'll get 300 miles out of a tank and I haven't really thrashed it. (n)

On the plus side he looks awesome and is fun to drive most of the time.

As Gav says, better shocks (Konis, either SRT.Ts or Sports) will solve the bounciness of the ride.

500 bump stops or standard Panda dampers won't solve the problem. In fact, standard Panda dampers would make it worse, as they'd be even more useless at controlling the high spring rate coils on the 100HP (which is what causes the odd bounciness 100HPs suffer from).

That ain't good, I can maybe make it 280, the Parade did 340-ish. I only put 32 litres in last time, so maybe it can go further than the needle says. :D

IMAG12621.jpg

IMAG12631.jpg

Still, 35 MPG on a commute. (n)

p.s. Is the rubber boot lining an optional extra?

Last edited:
It's like this on top of the normal carpet.

Boot_Liner_large.jpg

My toolkit bag is loose in the boot, should it be under the spacesaver?
Mine's stuck to the carpet under the passenger seat using the velcro on the bottom of the bag. That's where it was when I got the car, no idea if that's where it's meant to live. It's pretty secure though, that velcro is stronger than it looks!

Oh and yes, the boot liner is optional, I don't have one.

Mine's stuck to the carpet under the passenger seat using the velcro on the bottom of the bag. That's where it was when I got the car, no idea if that's where it's meant to live. It's pretty secure though, that velcro is stronger than it looks!

Yes - jack was under passenger seat when I bought ours new. Wish I'd have bought that wheel-well jack kit off ebay last week really......

Thanks, this car has a stupid amount of extras. (y)

I thought I was brave, but only managed 32.5 litres of petrol and so... The results are in 36.9 UK MPG. (n)

Also the rear seats bang.

Last edited:
Thanks, this car has a stupid amount of extras. (y)

I thought I was brave, but only managed 32.5 litres of petrol and so... The results are in 36.9 UK MPG. (n)

Also the rear seats bang.

Goood mpg.

The rear seatbelts bang against the door unless secured on that seat hook. rarely have rear passengers but that drives me mad.

Last edited:
The car decided to be a Fiat today, I drove the car and then parked, entered a building for 30 seconds and then back in the car. Hmm, the steering feels light 'sports mode deactivated'. :confused:

Bad Panda, normal mode is terrible. :p

Doppelgänger, except mine has more options. :p

$_57.JPG

Linky

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back