Panda (Classic) yes its mine b739 mll ebay

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) yes its mine b739 mll ebay

Removed from sale, I kinda regretted it after putting it up for sale and after having people look at it today walk away im even more determend to defend its honner. Im not sure why they walked I did say a full respray was needed but I think they must have thought I was being OTT...even after I called her ugly

Great news-ish. How much were you looking for? Just in case you have another change of heart. You can sell her to one of us fellow enthusiasts with the first refusal clause before being subjected to the humiliation of eBay pillocks.

[first refusal clause is the if the new owner feels the car is too much for them or has a change of circumstances the last registered keeper is made aware of the potential sale first; thus affording them the opportunity to take back the project themselves]

I wanted £1500 which I thought was a fair price given the work, but I know its a hard one to price as from some one who doesn't understand the rarity it is, its a bit of a shed that's mechanical quite good.

Its parked up at the moment and I have done the miles needed to be sure its not going to implode/explode so I may start the long strip and spray process when I get back

Sometimes buyers do that as a tactic to get the car for less money, not saying thats whats happened here, but its no secret I hate selling cars, some of the people you end up dealing with make your skin crawl.
Well we travelled over 200 mls to buy the car after talking to Sam. We had the money in our pocket, even had to hire a trailer, so I would say that we were committed. Just add it it up, all in all a 500 mls round trip+trailer hire and a whole day gone and we walked away. I guess this would give you a good idea.
We had most of classic Fiats you can think of, so I know what a good or bad one looks like and wasn`t expecting miracles from the Panda. I also understand how rare it is.
It wasn`t about the price either, or trying to knock it down. Even if it was half the asking price I wouldn`t have bought it.
Sam your Panda needs more than a paint job, but if you like to say any more I`m more than happy to say my bit.

Ladislav.

Under the windscreen there is bubling, its been patched as best I could but when I said I had been quoted 1500 for the spray work, this is what was including cutting out and making good that area.
There are multiple rust scabs around the car which need sorting out, around the arches and 2 on the roof.
There is also an area around the drivers side of the windscreen where the new paint I put on to tidy up the area has lifted. Admitidly this looks horrid but it is what it is.

As I said all along the car needs a full respray, not just sanding back and some paint putting on. I feel as bad as you as I felt I went and did all I could to show you the condition of the car with the build thread images. The car flew though its mot with a couple of silly minors relating to oil leak, headlight adjustment and exhaust bracket. They were under that car for a good long time and it was noted how rot free it was.

The car has issues, I do not despite that, I hope you find the mk1 4x4 you are looking for and I'm sorry if you feel your time was wasted. As you can see, its been removed from sale and I'm just going to finish what I started when I get some more time.

Well we travelled over 200 mls to buy the car after talking to Sam. We had the money in our pocket, even had to hire a trailer, so I would say that we were committed. Just add it it up, all in all a 500 mls round trip+trailer hire and a whole day gone and we walked away. I guess this would give you a good idea.
We had most of classic Fiats you can think of, so I know what a good or bad one looks like and wasn`t expecting miracles from the Panda. I also understand how rare it is.
It wasn`t about the price either, or trying to knock it down. Even if it was half the asking price I wouldn`t have bought it.
Sam your Panda needs more than a paint job, but if you like to say any more I`m more than happy to say my bit.

Ladislav.

I wasnt referring to you specifically there (how could I be I wasnt involved in the situation) simply referring to my previous experiences.

Under the windscreen there is bubling, its been patched as best I could but when I said I had been quoted 1500 for the spray work, this is what was including cutting out and making good that area.
There are multiple rust scabs around the car which need sorting out, around the arches and 2 on the roof.
There is also an area around the drivers side of the windscreen where the new paint I put on to tidy up the area has lifted. Admitidly this looks horrid but it is what it is.

As I said all along the car needs a full respray, not just sanding back and some paint putting on. I feel as bad as you as I felt I went and did all I could to show you the condition of the car with the build thread images. The car flew though its mot with a couple of silly minors relating to oil leak, headlight adjustment and exhaust bracket. They were under that car for a good long time and it was noted how rot free it was.

The car has issues, I do not despite that, I hope you find the mk1 4x4 you are looking for and I'm sorry if you feel your time was wasted. As you can see, its been removed from sale and I'm just going to finish what I started when I get some more time.

I`m not going into detail about your Panda as it`s not my style to diss someone`s car or work. However if you was a bit more upfront about the condition of it, we both could have saved ourselves the trouble. The fact you removed the auction straight away says it all to me.

Onemanmade no offence taken, just wanted to put things straight. Remember there is always two sides to a story.

£1,500???

That's ruined this thread...

https://www.fiatforum.com/polling-station/351922-hgt-vs-x-1-9-a.html?p=3496556

...I'm debating the options of a sensible modern Punto HGT or a fun in the Sun X-1/9

This has thrown a spanner in the works.

If you've been quoted £1,500 to get the car done and she's worth £2,500-£3,500 completely restored you're ball park figure is about right; but for some to take that on they'd need to see a profit in the end. This is where enthusiasts come unstuck as it would be a reasonable market price but we (well I at least) would have no intention of putting the car on the market.

Don't fancy an MX5 +£700 for her? ;)

Back