General Worth buying a 1995 Fiat Punto 55 SX?

Currently reading:
General Worth buying a 1995 Fiat Punto 55 SX?

peterainbow

hiya,

is it worth buying a 1995 Fiat Punto 55 SX?

and if so how much for?

and what should i be looking out for?

do these have power steering ( don't want )

and other such electrical junk...

cheers

pete

I paid £800 for a 2003 mk2 with 79k on it..therefore depending on the condition and milage I would value the car at £200-400

I don't really know much about this model but can certainly throw a few pointers based on my mk2.

Rust:- Make sure there's no major rust around sills etc as it can be costly to repair and instant MOT fail.

Clutch:- Make sure it's smooth all the way down and back, there's no springy feel or noise.

Coolant:- Make sure it's of expected (red/blue) transparent color. If it's brown and sandy textured, it would suggest someone has put in some snake oil therefore suspect an underlying leak or HG failure.

Tyres:- Make sure all tyres are good, and if old check for cracks in sidewalls. The expense of replacing will stand up nicely against the cost of the car.

Brakes:- Brakes should not be spongy and should not lock easily. If they lock easily suspect issues with rear brakes (front doing all the work).

Keys:- Should have red (master) key and blue key. If only one key and no red key, loss of key will mean locks, barrel, ecu etc will need replaced. Utimately you should walk away if this is the case.

I'm sure there's more but will let others add based on expertise...hope this helps and enjoy :)

Last edited:
it could be a minter with a new engine seeing as you live in the sess pit of england
if its £395 might be worth a look if its local
got to be better than some ex pizza micra

My son has just bought his first car a 1998 Punto 60. It came taxed and MOT to Sept 2012. He paid £200 for it from his mate. I looked it over and yes ok. I took it and put two new tires on it and it now worth £300. Just the thing to get his NCD down and in Sept just scrap it and find another. Thats it on the left.

think it has stupid mileage of over 110k on it

oh well better look elsewhere then

110k isnt stupid mileage. FIRE engines will happily see 200k+

My son has just bought his first car a 1998 Punto 60. It came taxed and MOT to Sept 2012. He paid £200 for it from his mate. I looked it over and yes ok. I took it and put two new tires on it and it now worth £300. Just the thing to get his NCD down and in Sept just scrap it and find another. Thats it on the left.

Why just scrap it :confused:

Back