General Worn out tire on DR FRT

Currently reading:
General Worn out tire on DR FRT

I need to look again at diagram of the jack points on the Fiat 500
They are marked with arrows on the body easy to see, but, the jack point sits in a recess DON'T jack it on the sill you'll need a block to fit in the slot, the second picture is what happens if someone(not me) Jack's on the sill

Attachments

• 20200917_100831.jpg
    20200917_100831.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 28
  • 20180327_130336.jpg
    20180327_130336.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 27
Bottle jacks worry me for stability, trolley jacks are much more stable.
Yup, I'm with you on that one. Trolley jack every time. I think some bottle jacks are actually less stable than the "suicide" jacks which come with the car. Also, when you've got a completely flat tyre (tire to you in the U.S.) I don't think any bottle jack is going to get under there?

P.S. Did they just adjust the toe setting - looks like it from your paperwork. If so then keep a very close eye on how those front tyres are wearing for the next few months. The wear on the old tyre was extreme and, if no components were replaced, my gut feeling is that you'll not have seen the back of this problem yet. They are right about there being no adjustment for the rear wheels, it's dictated by the build of the axle. However the production tolerances seem to have been very "liberal" and rear tyre wear together with rear axles running slightly out of alignment with front wheel is a common topic on the forum. There are a number of threads from people who have shimmed the rear hubs - where they bolt to the axle - to try to correct this.

Last edited:
Vex, John and Pugg
I saying bottle jack because its smaller to store in the car and to be used only for a flat on the road
But I wouldn’t jack it on the pitchweld it doesn’t do well there I was looking for place to put it
On the front theres a spot in front of the designated jack spot with a hole in it that I see others on this forum have used to raise the the car with the bottle jack would require a piece of rubber or wood on the bottle jack to spread out the weight
On rear I dont wear I would jack it!
I have trolley jacks that I put under the pinch welds when I want to lift it home but I havent found a place to put jackstands
So far I just used the trolley jack to taking off a tire or two
I have a scissor jack that used last time to take off a wheel
Its off a Chevy Cavalier and it seems to work fine on the pinchwelds
I was just looking for something that was faster than the scissor jack
The Chevy has 3/4 inch nut on the
scissor jack to wind it up and down
Maybe I’ll stick with the scissor jack
Maybe some could enlighten me and the jacking (altho its to be a redundant subject on this forum)

As far my alignment I will keep an eye on the wear of the tires and rotate them at 5000 miles
Last set I didn’t

Back