Technical Worlds Biggest Numpty. Too much oil.

Currently reading:
Technical Worlds Biggest Numpty. Too much oil.

:bang: Went to get in my car this morning and big bellows of smoke coming out of the exhaust. I have over filled the oil. I thought i was being clever by over filling it a bit as im using so much. Idiot here has massively over judged it and it is much higher on the dipstick than it should be.
I must have not put the dipstick in properly or something :cry: Is all i feel right now.
Im just waiting to get hold of a Key for the sump plug to drain it out. Lets hope i havnt done any seals or got it in the clutch cylinder. :cry:

when filling – best to let the car settle overnight (after adding some oil) as it takes blooming ages to trickle down (and yep.. has to be on even surface..)

on overfill first seal to go is rocker cover (it also gets into your intake manifold via gas recirculation pipe.. this runs from rocker cover to maf/throttle assembly) apart for that you should be safe..

Yep everything seems to be fine i havnt taken it out for a drive yet but i have burnt most of it off and it sounds a little better than before. Perhaps this should be a matter of course for a service :p

Back