Technical Wobbly Clutch Pedal

Currently reading:
Technical Wobbly Clutch Pedal

sikersh

Fiat and proud since 2005
Hi everyone,

I was cleaning my car and cleaning some mud from my pedals and noticed that the clutch pedal wobbles quite a bit :confused: Doesn't feel right when engaging the clutch as well, makes creaking noises...

Anyone else experience this with the Abarth? Bit odd really, but I've booked it into be looked at just in case its something serious.

Thanks,

Si

My clutch had been adjusted after the new box so mines still pretty stiff, but i wish Abarth would sort out this clutch/gearbox problem, it's been reported by more than a few owners now hasn't it? Does shave a fraction of the fun out of driving it too! Even my new box is not perfect by a long shot!

My clutch had been adjusted after the new box so mines still pretty stiff, but i wish Abarth would sort out this clutch/gearbox problem, it's been reported by more than a few owners now hasn't it? Does shave a fraction of the fun out of driving it too! Even my new box is not perfect by a long shot!

True, it is rather annoying, scared of it going completely because it feels so frail :( It'll hopefully get sorted tomorrow, just hope its nothing too major :) I'll mention the dashboard being the wrong colour, stripe peeling, alloy pitting and the window rattling at the same time :rolleyes: :D

True, it is rather annoying, scared of it going completely because it feels so frail :( It'll hopefully get sorted tomorrow, just hope its nothing too major :) I'll mention the dashboard being the wrong colour, stripe peeling, alloy pitting and the window rattling at the same time :rolleyes: :D
Don't want to be negative, but sometimes they come back with more faults then they go in with, be warned! Mine did, but i threw my teddies out the pram and they agreed to sort it out. If you're still not happy, make sure they know it. Good luck (y)

Don't want to be negative, but sometimes they come back with more faults then they go in with, be warned! Mine did, but i threw my teddies out the pram and they agreed to sort it out. If you're still not happy, make sure they know it. Good luck (y)

yer was about to say the same thing. Tell them, make them note it down, even if they dont fix it on the spot they have it recorded so if anything does happen in the future, they've been told/warned.

Well dropped it off at Bauer & Millett today. Excellent customer service there, they got my car in straight away and within an hour they told me the problem, the clutch pedal is ruptured at the welded section :eek: In other words it could just snap off at any time :eek::eek:

I was advised it wasn't drivable so asked if they had any courtesy cars as I need a car for work and they said no, not until next Monday!! So I had no choice but to drive it home and coast on the motorway :rolleyes:

Got it home safely and rang Fiat to see if they could arrange for a courtesy car to be delivered from a local Fiat dealer to my house, they said that a supervisor would contact me urgently......did I get a call back? Did I hell! I had to ring them and chase it up and still received no response :mad:

So I'm sat here with a broken car outside, a job that requires a car (because its over 25 miles away) and no courtesy car at all....and I'm paying £300 a month for this!!!

Rant over.

Si

Well dropped it off at Bauer & Millett today. Excellent customer service there, they got my car in straight away and within an hour they told me the problem, the clutch pedal is ruptured at the welded section :eek: In other words it could just snap off at any time :eek::eek:

I was advised it wasn't drivable so asked if they had any courtesy cars as I need a car for work and they said no, not until next Monday!! So I had no choice but to drive it home and coast on the motorway :rolleyes:

Got it home safely and rang Fiat to see if they could arrange for a courtesy car to be delivered from a local Fiat dealer to my house, they said that a supervisor would contact me urgently......did I get a call back? Did I hell! I had to ring them and chase it up and still received no response :mad:

So I'm sat here with a broken car outside, a job that requires a car (because its over 25 miles away) and no courtesy car at all....and I'm paying £300 a month for this!!!

Rant over.

Si
Welcome to the World of Fiat my friend, "customer satisfaction is our aim" i think not!!! If i didn't love the car so much it would have been on ebay months ago, but it takes more than 2 broken gearboxes, wonky steering wheel, a smashed windscreen, a dent, a rattley window, scuffed wheels, excessive tyre wear etc etc to stop me loving the car!

Welcome to the World of Fiat my friend, "customer satisfaction is our aim" i think not!!! If i didn't love the car so much it would have been on ebay months ago, but it takes more than 2 broken gearboxes, wonky steering wheel, a smashed windscreen, a dent, a rattley window, scuffed wheels, excessive tyre wear etc etc to stop me loving the car!

I know, I'm not being snobby or anything, but aren't us Abarth owners supposed be treated a little better than this? Even Stoneacre would have given me a courtesy car!!

Rant over.

Si
Damn. That's some serious ****. I would be like a hawk on that. A scratch or a scuff here is nothing, just a broken weld.......

Damn. That's some serious ****. I would be like a hawk on that. A scratch or a scuff here is nothing, just a broken weld.......

I know, a broken weld doesn't give me much confidence in the rest of the car. Its a good job I love it so, so much otherwise it would be a 'gonner' :(

I know, a broken weld doesn't give me much confidence in the rest of the car. Its a good job I love it so, so much otherwise it would be a 'gonner' :(
It's no consolation but to have 1 bad weld is rather uncommon but 2 would be a 1 in a million, even so i'd want to have someone from Fiat come out and inspect the car just to make sure it's going to stay in one piece.

I know, I'm not being snobby or anything, but aren't us Abarth owners supposed be treated a little better than this? Even Stoneacre would have given me a courtesy car!!
It's still a Fiat at the end of the day, but that doesn't matter, if i'd have bought a Suzuki Alto for £4700 i would expect better service/reliability than we have to put up with from Abarth/Fiat, especially considering how much these little things cost us! When i took mine back, i drove 100 miles there only to be told "we've got no courtesy cars at the momet" 100 miles back home. Similar thing happened when i went to collect it too, another 200 miles waste of time! 400 miles and 5 hours of my time wasted!

Si, I see you have many Fiats listed beneath your avatar, are these cars you previously owned so you are not able to use one as a stop gap?

I wish ;) My old Cinquecento would have been ideal right now! Might buy a cheap old banger as a spare :rolleyes: I'm being unfair with the car, its a great car, its just Fiat's customer service which is (still) appalling :(

I wish ;) My old Cinquecento would have been ideal right now! Might buy a cheap old banger as a spare :rolleyes: I'm being unfair with the car, its a great car, its just Fiat's customer service which is (still) appalling :(
Let me just put you straight there. A broken weld doth not maketh a great car. Not trying to poo-poo your purchase but if this happened to me I'd be thinking about asking for a new car.

I'd be thinking about asking for a new car.

I'm going to I think - no honestly! The car is a mis-build anyway with the incorrect dashboard, I know this is a minor cosmetic mistake, but with the clutch weld breaking as well I don't have much confidence in the cars build.

I want to ask for a new one too, but i'm not sure how to go about it and weather i'll go through a load of trouble for nothing?
Well to be honest I don't see your case for a new car. Gearboxes etc etc will break. But a weld is something which should NEVER break.

Back