Technical Wiring Double din stereo

Currently reading:
Technical Wiring Double din stereo

jewwiid

im attempting to wire my new headunit myself to save a bit of cash as i got quoted €60 to fit it in. i've looked at both data sheets of the headunit and the harness and im just confused as to where i connect the yellow wire to (ACC and BATT 12V) the rest is pretty straight forward as the head unit does come with an ISO that fits my fiat stilo but i wont lie the old owner has made some modifications that makes things a bit awkward but i think i have a fair grasp anyways im just wondering if someone can guide me through the process before i give it a go.

Head Unit:
www . autopumpkin.co . uk/android-car-dvd-player/screen-size/6-95-inch-android-car-dvd/pumpkin-universal-car-radio-dvd-player-android-4-4-os-quard-core-6-95-inch-double-din-supporting-mirror-link-bluetooth-3g-wifi-obd-dab-av-out.html

also im not sure where to wire the wires AMP-ON (im assuming this is for and amp if im using one) KEY2-5V, KEY1-5V, BREAK-IN, REVERSE-IN. am i correct to say im supposed to ground the black wire labeled GND to like a metal part of the car. or can i wire it to the ground wire in the car's harness

Attachments

• 20160502_163821.jpg
    20160502_163821.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 97
  • 20160502_163411.jpg
    20160502_163411.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 48
  • fiat iso.PNG
    fiat iso.PNG
    65.7 KB · Views: 73
  • pumpkn.PNG
    pumpkn.PNG
    311.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20160502_205654.jpg
    20160502_205654.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 56
Not sure I understand what yellow wire you're on about, mate!

That ISO wiring harness that the stereo comes with should be sufficient to install the unit.

The AMP on wire is a remote trigger for an external amplifier (e.g. BOSE if you have it) so if you don't have any external amps you're not going to use it. You've got a ground on your ISO harness already so you shouldn't need to wire in any others either, so just leave it unless it expressly tells you in the manual of the unit to do otherwise. I'd suspect that's going to be a convenient ground hook up for if you're linking any accessories into it.

Your key, brake and reverse in you should have no use for.

The only thing you might find is that you lack an ignition trigger for the stereo. I believe the factory units (other than Connect Navs) are trigger via canbus rather than the old school +12v ignition feed, so you might find that your stereo doesn't want to come on with the ignition and you'll have to add a switched +12v to the harness - which is good fun! Plug it in and see what it does first you might get away with no needing to.

Last edited:
I've plugged it in before but it doesn't turn on. It's not getting any power. The yellow wire I'm talking about is on the stereo schematic it's called pin 14 and the picture shows it being connected to the battery.
On my cars harness I don't have a +12V AAC wire on pin 4 like in the schematic. I have the others. CAN A, CANB, GND, +12V BATT, subwoofer so when I connect the ISO the pins don't match up

Last edited:
Back