Technical Wipers, heater fan and headlights not working!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Wipers, heater fan and headlights not working!!!

Need urgent help! A few days ago the heater fan and wipers stopped working whilst driving (had just used them seconds before!) on my Fiat Punto 75 ELX 1994 model. Noticed later that the headlights did not work proberly either (only parking lights). A friend who is electrician checked all the fuses and they are all fine! I do have a french manual (car is imported into norway) and I have not managed to find a wiring diagram or any other diagram/chart on the net! Brought the car to a non-Fiat garage and they checked the car! :bang: They did not find out what the problem is! Any ideas anyone??? :confused:

im not 100% sure (dont no much about cars) but have you checked the relays which are in the drivers footwell?

Cant remember 100% if its this year of punto or the bravo/marea but one of them with the faults you have is the main stalk switch assembly.You could try unplugging(moving wires about)& plugging them back in again,not going to cost anything.

All fuses have been checked and are okay, powersupply and wiring is okay, have checked the earthing point (Panda has common earth shared between the wipers and the heater fan, so maybe its the same with Punto). Don't really know it anymore...

T14086 said:
Have you checked the steering wheel column/stalk switch???

is that easy to get to as i think mine is making annoying clicking noise when lights and heaters on

Hi, I have a mk2 punto, 8 valve, 1200 cc.
The Blower stopped working and wiper started to work intermittently. Easy fix, there is a connector at the back of the blower motor in the passengers foot well... the contacts in the connector near to the heater (Not the heater motor connector, it's behind it) have BLUE and Black wires at 15 amps and a small red/ yellow 2 amp wire. Just cut the Blue and black wires and reconnect with push on or strip connectors... took 10 mins to do and now works fine.

Back