General Wiper Problem?

Currently reading:
General Wiper Problem?

Fairy Clare

My Wipers on the Cinq they are quite high on the windscreen when stationary.
When i start the wipers off they go down a little bit first then up to wipe the screen????

The passenger side wiper actually goes so far down it comes off the windscreen. but then again when you turn them off they end up quite high again.

I can take a picture if you like. anyone know what wrong with them.
Thanks

p.s this is only a niggley problem

Just take them off and reposition the arms then, flick up the black plastic "boots" at the base of each wiper arm and a 13mm spanner will undo the nut it's covering, then you can re-align them, easy peasy. P.S. make sure you do it up again ;)

Suspect moving arms won't cure, as wipers go down first it will be the position of the arm thats bolted to the wiper motor is incorrect.

Mal126 said:
Suspect moving arms won't cure, as wipers go down first it will be the position of the arm thats bolted to the wiper motor is incorrect.

Correct, so to answer the initial query.

Remove the arm from the wiper spindle, cycle the motor so its parked where it wants to park, then refit the arm with the upper arms in the correct position.

Cheers

D

Correct, so to answer the initial query.

Remove the arm from the wiper spindle, cycle the motor so its parked where it wants to park, then refit the arm with the upper arms in the correct position.

Cheers

D

But if i do that wont the wipers go down even further before they come up?

But if i do that wont the wipers go down even further before they come up?

If its doing what you describe physically changing the position of the wiper arm won't make any difference. It sounds like the park switch in the motor has a weird defect or someone has changed the position of the arm on the motor itself. Before putting the arm back I'd check whether its still up to its old tricks by paking a littlew pointer with a paperclip on the wiper spindle, saves damaging paintwork.

Back