Wing mirror for 96 Bravo HLX

Currently reading:
Wing mirror for 96 Bravo HLX

G

George

Hi

My driver side wing mirror got whacked the other day. The glass has fallen out and is badly cracked and slightly bent. It's dangling by a couple of wires, I presume for the heating element.

The electrics still work fine so I presume I just need to replace the mirror itself and stick it back in?

Can I just pull off the broken glass and stick a new mirror on or do I need an actual mirror, remove wiring off existing mirror and add to new one (can't see how it's attached at present?).

If the former, what should I use as adhesive to stick the mirror back into the housings.

Many thanks

G

A very happy Bravo owner, 15yrs and 110K+ on the clock from new and apart from the usual niggles, it's been without fault.

if i remember rightly, all that you will need is a new piece of glass for a hlx with heated mirrors as they have a grid on the back that warms up.

The mirror you get should have a round sort of template on the back with 4 prongs sticking out, which should clip into the housing on the inside of the mirror, behind where the glass sits. They are similar to the way glass clips into dtm style mirrors if you have ever seen them. Its pretty straight forward pal.

There are two thin wires that attach to the mirror itself for the heated element. They are just attached to 2 small spade connectors on the back of the mirror, and should pull out. They may need a bit of force as they could have been left undisturbed since the day they were fit new... just remember to leave the connectors on the wires and be careful not to pull them out of them, its easy to do if your not careful. dont worry if you do accidentally pull the wires out, all you will have to do is crimp a new set of connectors on.