Technical Windscreen wipers

Currently reading:
Technical Windscreen wipers

The windscreen wipers on my 97 Ulusse are pretty pathetic. It would appear that they do not apply enough pressure to wipe propery. I have regularly replaced the blades using Bosch, Halfords and flat blades. The best result I got was using blades with aerofoils, the worst with flat blades, where the centre of the blade does not even touch the windscreen.

My thoughts are that I need to replace the wiper arms. Problem is, Fiat want £60 an arm (surprised they don't ask for a leg as well) :eek: and secondhand from a breakers may be no better. I have tried a number of suppliers online, but I can't find anyone who supplies them. Has anyone else had the same experience, and did they find a solution? :idea:

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Chris.

yeah i had the same problem but i found using the flat blades no worse really but i ended up just bending the arm out and round so it was more of an arch effect to it, that way it applied more pressure and was ok, i left them like that for a couple of years before i sold the car

if you lift the wiper off the screen and then let go does it bang back down or flop? If it flops spray oil on the spring and hinge of the arm; it's that spring that pulls the arm onto the screen.

Back