Windows Phone 7

Currently reading:
Windows Phone 7

Hi All

Any members on Orange network tried the Windows 7 phone yet

Regards Kelvin
Not to be funny but what does it matter whether they're on orange or not? The devices have EXACTLY the same OS on them and perform very similarly.

Just a quick note on Windows Phone 7 compatibility with Windows Automotive (Fiat Blue&Me and Ford Sync). Over the Sync forum the new Samsung Focus (AT&T) WP7 phone has been tested, and they are very impressed. Even Zune Pass bluetooth streaming works great. It's a shame we don't have this feature. It really seems that Microsoft has tested the phone OS extensively with Windows Automotive.

Just a quick note on Windows Phone 7 compatibility with Windows Automotive (Fiat Blue&Me and Ford Sync). Over the Sync forum the new Samsung Focus (AT&T) WP7 phone has been tested, and they are very impressed. Even Zune Pass bluetooth streaming works great. It's a shame we don't have this feature. It really seems that Microsoft has tested the phone OS extensively with Windows Automotive.

So if Sync has bluetooth streaming via A2DP why can't they add that update for Blue and Me?? Is it possibly in the pipe for a 5.6 blue and me update?:worship:

Frankly, I have no idea if this generation of Blue&Me will ever get A2DP streaming function. The Blue&Me hardware is ready, it's just the software that needs to be updated. It seems that the developers at Magneti Marelli and Fiat are taking their time. It's shouldn't be such a big deal, because Blue&Me is built on Windows Automotive, which offers A2DP out of the box. Let's cross fingers, maybe Blue&Me 5.6 or 6.0 will get A2DP.

Not to be funny but what does it matter whether they're on orange or not? The devices have EXACTLY the same OS on them and perform very similarly.

No offence taken
But I have had serious issues with Orange when the upgrade menu was sent to my Samsung Jet it lost the text reader facility never to work again. I know this may seem pathetic but I do enjoy this feature and my Sony Ericson W995 works perfectly, but its upgrade time and i like the idea of the windows 7 HTC

No offence taken
But I have had serious issues with Orange when the upgrade menu was sent to my Samsung Jet it lost the text reader facility never to work again. I know this may seem pathetic but I do enjoy this feature and my Sony Ericson W995 works perfectly, but its upgrade time and i like the idea of the windows 7 HTC

Well it should be different with WinPho7 devices as I don't think that the operator really has all that much control over the handset.

Well it should be different with WinPho7 devices as I don't think that the operator really has all that much control over the handset.

Fair comment my friend, but I can only report my experience and I do value your information on the windows 7 phone thank you.
Best Regards Kelvin

For information, and with thanks to 306maxi for encouraging posts, I can report that LG E900 Optimus 7 with WinPhone 7 via Vodafone seems to be working perfectly with Blue & Me - especially the text reader which I value. :D

For information, and with thanks to 306maxi for encouraging posts, I can report that LG E900 Optimus 7 with WinPhone 7 via Vodafone seems to be working perfectly with Blue & Me - especially the text reader which I value. :D

Hi does your LG provide callers name on vehicle screen when receiving calls or just the telephone number as mine is displaying.bit disappointing with my samsung omnia 7

Regards kelvin

Hi does your LG provide callers name on vehicle screen when receiving calls or just the telephone number as mine is displaying.bit disappointing with my samsung omnia 7

Regards kelvin
My OMnia 7 displays the name just fine. Sounds like you've not copied the phone book across.

My OMnia 7 displays the name just fine. Sounds like you've not copied the phone book across.

Hi Maxi

I’ve done the normal thing (paired up then allowed the system to copy the phone book) Strange eh? Am I missing something? The phonebook does seem to be there if I enter the phone book setting it does have some weird numbers though such as Anne then Anne/#1 so I’ve not got a clue, not even where that repeated number came from it’s not on the people menu twice

(PLEASE HELP!)

Regards Kelvin

Just an idea, but the problem might be related to contacts stored on your SIM card. I don't know how it works on WP7. Does the phone copies all the SIM contacts to the phone, or it allows you to store both on the phone and the SIM card?

Just an idea, but the problem might be related to contacts stored on your SIM card. I don't know how it works on WP7. Does the phone copies all the SIM contacts to the phone, or it allows you to store both on the phone and the SIM card?

Hi Mate

Good point! The Windows 7 Copies the info from the SIM but I have noticed not all the contacts are on the phone but they are on the car phone book (does the Blue & Me copy the SIM info?) it’s not possible to view SIM card info via the Phone.

Thanks for your thoughts

Best Regards Kelvin

Zune doesn't store music in files and folders - it instead uses a database file structure for better performance which is incompatible with the Fat32-dependant blue&Me system. A zune device doen't even present itself as a USB storage device when connected to USB, instead relying on the zune software to interrogate and update the file system database.

Windows Vista was originally meant to use this file system to replace NTFS.

Zune pass is also DRM dependant application and again blue&me does not support DRM.

What this all ultimately means is that windows 7 phone, zune and zune pass-obtained media will never be fully compatible with blue&me. Really trajic as I adore both systems.

Hi Mate
Thanks for the idea I’ve sorted it as follows (you have to be a bit brave)
I removed the SIM card from the Omnia
Popped in my Pay as you Go SIM (No numbers saved on the card)
Turned on the phone (this retains the phone book numbers)
Re-paired it with the car (all numbers previously on the car display are now names)
Made a copy of my numbers and cleared the original SIM and replaced it in the phone, now all is well.
Thanks again for all suggestions from members.

Regards Kelvin

Hi,

Tested my omnia 7 with the sms reader today with no avail, is there anything I have to do to active sms reading or?

Hi,

Tested my omnia 7 with the sms reader today with no avail, is there anything I have to do to active sms reading or?
Nope. Should just read the message when you get it. Is it connecting to B&M and showing that in settings > bluetooth?

Back