General window regulator/door panel

Currently reading:
General window regulator/door panel

gadus

My window regulator has failed on my Fiorino mk3 (I can hear the motor trying to work) and have tried to remove the door panel, with no success. I've removed switch, door lever surround, and hex screws/pozi screws. I can see a slot under the speaker, and started to lever the plastic from there, but it was reluctant to pop off. What's the right way?
Thanks.

My window regulator has failed on my Fiorino mk3 (I can hear the motor trying to work) and have tried to remove the door panel, with no success. I've removed switch, door lever surround, and hex screws/pozi screws. I can see a slot under the speaker, and started to lever the plastic from there, but it was reluctant to pop off. What's the right way?
Thanks.

Hi Gadus,

I think there are just a couple of screws, one in the top bit tray, the door handle (no need to remove window switches) and a whole lot of poppers. There are 12 but it could be more. You just have to be confident pulling them off, sounds and feels rather violent but they do go back on again ok..

Good luck ?

R-V-M

Thanks Red Van Man. I've taken door panels off in days of old, and the poppers then weren't anything as strong as these appear to be. I've seen a sort of tack lifter tool used on different models on YouTube, perhaps that's the way to go.
I have ordered a repair kit, which includes cables, clip, pulley and springs from Ebay. I'm sure it is easier just to fit a whole regulator, especially given my mechanical skills, but I'm tight on cash at the moment. As I've yet to open the door up I'm taking a gamble, but looking at pictures of the whole regulator unit I couldn't see what else on it could break, other than what's included in the repair kit.
Anyone got any experience of these kits? Bet it's a barrel of laughs threading the cables round the spool !

Last edited:
Back