Who has the most economical bravo??

Currently reading:
Who has the most economical bravo??

A

andy green

i wonder who has the most economical bravo out there? best on fuel and cost the least to maintain throughout ownership.

Bit bored with the 'mine is quicker than yours' type threads.

not mine lol

bought my T reg series 2 1.9TD 100 and almost instantly had to get the injectors serviced and a new fuel timing sensor as she was over fueling

£300 total

serviced every 6k @ between £45 - £60 as i do a full service myself

when she hit 98k i had to change the crank pulley due to the rubber damper

£150 (changed fuel filter at same time)

she probably drinks between £10 and £25 a day (yes i put my foot down but hey i'll only live once, and yes i do adhear to the speed limit ;) ) i run on the premis i will get 55 miles out of a £10 @ £1.16/L

my car insurance @ 23 no no-claims with 1 minor incedent almost 2 years ago (due to adverse road conditions but my fault so i'm the only one to blame) £1455 and yes i did mean to write

"one thousand four hundred and fifty five pounds"

stock with exception of aftermarket wheels. about to come up to my 1 year no claims bonus, what a save that will be.

currently @ 101k and about to get another full service.

probably could do with a re jig somewhere but i love it to bits just glad i can just afford it

anyone got any suggestions how i can cut costs i'm all ears
(anythin short of sellin/lifting my foot)

Scotty
Bristol

Betty was amazing... cost me nothing but servicing costs and did over 50mpg if I wanted.

Cost me £3k to buy... servings over 2 years & 50k miles later sold for £1.5k

style5,TommyK.png

signeon-1.jpg

Come Join the 5 pot club! Almost standard Mk1 HGT 73k - need new front screen & MOT!

Hmmmm, let me think about this...

Patch cost me over the odds when i got her 5 yr ago, and in the time i had her i spent just shy of 6k on gearboxes and cluthes (the older members will know why) tyres every 4 - 6 months with breaks at every 6 - 8 months. self serviced every 6 months, fuel economy wasnt even that good and it was a 1.2

my next bravo cost me just under going rate, crashedd it before i got a chance to spend on it, not that it needed anything

and the current hgt cost me below going rate, but has cost me a fair chunk in parts so far and the list is growing rapidly... add to that sub 20 mpg even when behaving and all is not good :( saying that, once tomorrow is over with i should be seeing better mpg, thanks to a new manifold and gasket plus radiator)

Andy_sx (forever skint yet usually smiling :))

here goes - series 1 P=reg TD100 Brava

has had two timing belts done, one clutch, two sets of disks on front, one set of shoes on the back, tyres, general servicing on schedule, one set of glow plugs, one headgasket (after drowning the poor girl in a metre of water, self induced)

So besides wear and tear items cost me nothing really. Gives me 45mpg a tank, banged 137k miles on the clock, only cost me £1700, most reliable car in the family.

Greg
TD100sx

My 2.4jtd seems quite good at the moment.

bought for £1,800 october. (i really liked it)

needed a new clutch so decided to get cambelt done at the same time at a cost of £400 for the lot.

Needs new shocks and springs at some stage and the noise from engine needs sorting but hopefully is just the tensioner which is £60.

Apart from that I got 480 miles to my last tank, and that wasn't going steady and town driving.
:)

Darren

Well, I average between 400-450 miles per tank and my Marea has only incurred regular servicing costs and MOT's. Not bad for a 1.8 on 94K :)

However, she's going in for a service in a few weeks and I have a feeling she's going to need some TLC.

Rob
Mk.2 Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX - Bigger IS better ! ;)

i know i aint a bravo but my fezzy curier does just over 550miles to a tank and it costs about £48 to fill up.

Well if we are going down that road Donny, my Sprinter goes through £75 every 2 days, and I do 1200 miles a week.

My Fiesta, I don't really care about, its a Ford.

My 1.4 Bravo was appauling, used to get anywhere between 12 and 25 to the gallon (although I was only 17 when I had that)

The 1.8 used to do reasonably well on fuel if you were sensible with the right pedal, used to get between 25-35mpg out of that.

Sherio_sig.jpg

Well ive been traveling to work the last 3 weeks 91 miles round trips daily.
Ive been getting 54-56 mpg or 104 miles to a tenner at 5.35 per gallon car jtd 100 hlx driving at 60-70 mph.
Had her nearly 2 yrs now utterly reliable just service costs ,(cambelt kit when bought done by fiat) showing 57,512.
images

so would you say the diesel boys are edging in the lead with the reliability side of things?

my HGT was heavy on the juice but didn't really cost much from what i can remember, although it did need some work doing when i sold it LOL ;).

@ Tim -

£1455!

I'd try harder at shopping around for cheaper insurance cover for a start....

I must say the JTDs are very reliable and economical at the same time.

I average around 110 miles to £10.

Since purchase,

-renewed timing belt, aux belt and tensioners when purchased
-replaced discs and pads all round
-renewed brake fluid
-new clutch for remap
-2x Maf Sensors

Touch wood. :)

Oh i also forgot, the Bravo JTD100 if registered after 1st March 2001, the road tax is only £120 opposed to £185 for cars registered earlier. Insurance is cheap and with a remap the car is fast, affordable, cheap to run and extremely reliable.

Also the JTD is now the most expensive Bravo to buy used.

BannerX.jpg

Items For Sale:
Fiat Marea Poly Elliptical Headlights, Passenger Airbag Covers to suit MK1 & MK2, Foglight Switch Panel, Foglight Wiring Loom, Bravo & Marea Workshop Manuals, Fiat Bravo Haynes Manual &, Fiat Bravo Owners Manual on CD etc...

Contact Me for more details.

i got my 1.4 brava for £450 changed the clutch £50 and brakes£30ish. aswell as the front shock absorbers and brake pipes (cant remember costs) i get about 400 miles per tank of petrol. but spend £1400 on insurance.

@Carroll

i shopped around for ages its a factor of where i live, job, and age. 2 roads over and it would go down by £175

next quote was £1800, i figured only a year then i can get 1 NCB and drop £500 almost straight away cheapest quote i have had sofar (insurance is up in june, i always look very early) is £800

its what i get for being young and sliding my first car, a 1.1 fiesta run around, into a flat bed transit at 10mph in extreame rain. new driver my fault.

forgot to mention i have had my bravo almost a year, obviously, and i paid £1200 (really wanted it) with 93k on the clock

bravo

my jtd hlx cost me £2,700 a year or so ago. it has travelled 58,000 miles. it does about 52mpg most times. i did get 58 out of it last summer but usually it's about 52mpg as it's been quite cold recently. generally 580-600 before fillup and what a cost now!!! worst has been 49 mpg though. it has been totally relaible. only expense has been 2 new tyres and clutch when remapped. it does need a new bonnet stay though as the plastic mounting has broken. all else is p-r-e-t-t-y good though. pretty good sounds as a previous owner put decent speakers in the doors and in the back shelf not sure if it is original although looks pretty professnl and an alpine amp at the side of the boot. p-r-e-t-t-y good.
cheap insurance as well only £180 fully comp with European use as well. cheap tax as well £115. good car.

bravo

just re-read my massage above and it was the tyres that cost me not the clutch or remap as this was done by a previous owner.

Back