Who else has sleeping problems?

Currently reading:
Who else has sleeping problems?

dawn_of_time said:
Unfair dismissal though as its a medical problem :D

I just keep telling them to move the meetings till after my injections, cos it only happens when i sit down for more than 15 mins :rolleyes:

Yeah you can't sack her/him for that.

Last edited:
*Edited*
I meant can't, if you did get sacked you'd get a nice compensation after suing them.
But why do you need to take Vitamin B12?

Pernicious anaemia is more common among men and especially those over the age of sixty. It has a hereditary component, being found to run through the male family line. It is notably more common in persons of Northern European ancestry.

^Does any of that apply to you? So do you drive prior to taking the Vitamins? have you ever slept at the wheel? just outta curiosity because I think i've seen a documentary about this where the young female teenager would just fall asleep at random times, in the street, shopping with friends at any time. How long have you had it for?

Thats a completely different thing thats called "sleep apnea".

Yes i drive prior to my injections but if im really bad i ring in work and get my case load covered with someone else, nope i've never slept at the wheel cos normally i am very alert when driving, its just when i sit down and relax, or listen to people rabbiting on that the sleep catches up to me :eek:

EDIT im defo NOT male to start with and nope none of that applies to me.

Last edited:
Dawn, its either sleep apnia (sp..) or narcilepsy (sp again :()

sleep apnia isnt as bad as it can appear if its caught, my dad has it and now uses breathing equip to get him through the nite and get a good rest

narcilepsy is the one where the just conk out without warning iirc... man its been a long day, apologies if this comes accross in the wrong way btw :eek:

i had problems a couple of years back.. it was a downer i guess, cos it contributed to my depression, but on th eplus side, i felt totally rested if i managed 3hrs sleep.
if i wanted to go out and party, i could do so and still be rocking come the following day...
got to the point where i was sleeping maybe an hour or 2 a day, which was ok for abit, but i started to hallucinate, and since my job involved driving forklifts, it wasn't a good thing

Andy_sx said:

sleep apnia isnt as bad as it can appear if its caught, my dad has it and now uses breathing equip to get him through the nite and get a good rest

narcilepsy is the one where the just conk out without warning iirc... man its been a long day, apologies if this comes accross in the wrong way btw :eek:
that sounds right... sleep apnia is snoring and stuff..
narco is when you sleep randomly.. the cure for which is prescribed speed :D:D:D:D:D

I have sleeping problems, tried calms, and that nytol stuff.
In the end the doctor put me on zopiclone which knocked me for 6, i slept, yeh but was sleeping all the time lol

i can never sleep when its even slightly warm outside/inside. being one of those people where calpol knocks me for six when i have a headache :eek: i find a neurofen meltlet thing sends me to sleep and i get a propa nights sleep :D

either that or try working night :) dont sleep after your first shift and the rest of the week youll sleep like a baby (well i do/am at the moment)

Andy_sx said:

Sleep apnia was the only one i could think of so i googled it to get the spelling right :eek: i saw the documentary too. Sorry if i got the two mixed up :eek:

dawn_of_time said:
Sleep apnia was the only one i could think of so i googled it to get the spelling right :eek: i saw the documentary too. Sorry if i got the two mixed up :eek:

lol, hark at as both appologising away.... :D

there were programmes on both recently and i watched both, sleep apnia because my dad has been diagnosed for 4 years now if not more, and narcilepsy because i find it funny like tourettes :eek:

i dont really have sleeping problems but when i come of my night shift i cant get back to normal - i have been of since last tuesday and i am still in night time mode, a friend who worked the night shift with me told me it has taken him 3 months to get back to normal

i tend to stay awake with red bull and proplus

Back