Which colours fade quicker?

Currently reading:
Which colours fade quicker?

soupdragon

Hi all

I'm on the verge of buying a new Panda but haven't settled on the colour yet. So as part of my research I'm looking into which colours last the longest. I'm torn between the sweet candy beige or the sweet dreams turquoise. Of the two which would fade the slowest?

Cheers Tom

standard answer applies..,
Metallics are the better bet..,

RED is still worst..(apparently better than it was)..flat colour,
pretty sure "A" Turquoise has been around on 500's for @ 6 years.. and seems to have gone well,
Beige doesn't seem to be "out-there" so I can't comment..,

Charlie

Majority of colours are far better than they used to be owing to the make up and introduction with waterbased paints. Although any car will suffer some level of discolouration.

Most of the oxidation of old days single stage is long gone mind with clearcoats.

Majority of colours are far better than they used to be owing to the make up and introduction with waterbased paints. Although any car will suffer some level of discolouration.

Most of the oxidation of old days single stage is long gone mind with clearcoats.

So I should be ok with the turquoise then :)

Cheers Tom

Never get a non-metallic red, they still fade. As reported, they are better than they were, but I have noticed quite new flat red cars that look terribly tired.

The others are fine, but metallic still seems to be the longest lasting. My ten year old metallic blue Doblo was as bright as new when I sold it. Fiat paint is generally pretty good.

Never get a non-metallic red, they still fade. As reported, they are better than they were, but I have noticed quite new flat red cars that look terribly tired.

The others are fine, but metallic still seems to be the longest lasting. My ten year old metallic blue Doblo was as bright as new when I sold it. Fiat paint is generally pretty good.

That's what I was hoping. I'd never go for a red car for that reason :)

Cheers Tom

Back