Where's the internal air intake - Ducato/Boxer/Relay?

Currently reading:
Where's the internal air intake - Ducato/Boxer/Relay?

Charlie Evans

Dear Fiat Forum,

This'll be my second visit - I can't work out where to post my question - so I hope it's ok if I post in this newbie area again.

Does anyone know exactly where the internal cabin air intake is in a modern Ducato/Relay/Boxer - the intake that comes into play when air is recirculated?

I want to spray some air-con cleaner directly into the internal/recirculated air intake on my 2007 Relay. I'd like it to work this time!

Thank you!
Charlie

Dear Fiat Forum,

This'll be my second visit - I can't work out where to post my question - so I hope it's ok if I post in this newbie area again.

Does anyone know exactly where the internal cabin air intake is in a modern Ducato/Relay/Boxer - the intake that comes into play when air is recirculated?

I want to spray some air-con cleaner directly into the internal/recirculated air intake on my 2007 Relay. I'd like it to work this time!

Thank you!
Charlie

Hi man with my name..;)

look at BOTTOM of homepage.. that's where the DUCATO section is located,

I would generally just say unleash the stuff / cannister in a footwell , with the air directed to JUST the footwell,
then shut it all up for @15 mins, and it'll circulate

Mr C. E.

Thank you Mr C.E.
I've spent some more time trying to work out where the air goes in. I guess it's somewhere above the passenger footwell - that's where the blower fan seems to be. So, unless the Ducato section can help, I'll just blast it in there.
All the best,
Charlie

Thank you Mr C.E.
I've spent some more time trying to work out where the air goes in. I guess it's somewhere above the passenger footwell - that's where the blower fan seems to be. So, unless the Ducato section can help, I'll just blast it in there.
All the best,
Charlie

is it an aerosol..??

or a "bomb / grenade" you stand upright in the footwell and release?:confused:

Found it! The inlet is right at the top of the dash, on the passenger side, below the glove box. If you remove the 'floor' of the glovebox, as in the attached photo, you can see the internal vent open and close when the control dial is turned. So I've fired the bomb up under the passenger side of the dash. Let's see if the effect lasts longer this time! Thanks C.E.

Attachments

• IMG_1121[1].JPG
    IMG_1121[1].JPG
    610.9 KB · Views: 32
Back