General Where to buy a new radiator

Currently reading:
General Where to buy a new radiator

Hi not shore if in the right place but anyway. For just over a week now i have been trying to find a radiator for my Bravo hgt. I have purchased three so far and have all been wrong or they just say NO straight away. The problem is that it has aircon and there is just two 35mm pipes that attach at the top of the rad. The ones that they keep getting me have on the top also is a hole for a sensor and a 8mm pipe aswell which mine has not got these. Can anyone reccommend anywhere in manchester or close to manchester.
I have attached a pic of the rad i am after but without the sensor hole(h22x1.5).
Any help will be great. Thanks

Attachments

• radiator.jpg
    radiator.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
The big hole is for a fan switch, I had this same problem with my 1.8Mk1 the Mk2 uses a fan switch and the radiator I bought didnt have it blocked off with a core plug. I just bought a scrap yard fan switch and screwed it in.
gt_switch.jpg

Not sure about the 8mm pipe? You sure its not the upper bleed screw?

Have you tried Andrew Page. They will let you look at the part before you buy.

This website anygood? http://www.carcooling.co.uk/catalog/Fiat_Bravo_95-536-1.html

Last edited:
These are the places i have tried.
Shop4parts
Europarts
Andrew pages
Advanced rads
A1 rads
Mmf motorfactors
Dixons radiators
Most of the car spares shop near to me(keep getting the wrong one in)
None of these can get the correct rad for my car

Hi Adrian thanks for your help the rad is on it's way. I phoned them and double checked with them. The problem wasn't really the fan switch it was that they kept coming up with radiators that had a 8mm pipe next to the other pipe which mine doesn't have they kept telling me to plug it. But from my experiance in the past i have snapped these of when fitting them and personaly i just didn't like the fact that it wouldn't of been attached to anything so it would of been easy to knock it if working on the car.

Hi Adrian well she is all done new radiator from the Radiator shop as the one from car coolings was the still the wrong one. Went back online and found another place and was even cheaper £77.70 wow. It was abit of a nightmare to fit as all the old bolts were rusted solid and snapped where the fan bolts to the rad wasn't bothered about them just had to find new bolt for new rad the worst one was the the bolt that secures the left aircon pipe the the aircon rad snapped so had to drill it out. I also fitted new steering rack (what a b*:mad:H that was ). Just glad it is all done and back on the road. Thanks for all your help

Back