Technical Where does the airbag squib wiring go?

Currently reading:
Technical Where does the airbag squib wiring go?

I have a "shorted to ground" error on the passenger side airbag squib circuit.

I've sprayed contact cleaner in the connector inside the glovebox, and also in the connectors under the seat (though I am not even sure they have anything at all to do with it).

Where else does this circuit go, and where else might there be a problem?

Since the diagnostics say that it's shorting to ground, is it really likely to be a weak connection, or might there be a real short to ground?

If I can't fix it, can you recommend anyone in the Cardiff area who might be able to? Garages simply don't seem to be at all interested in this kind of thing.

There's another orange airbag connector in the boot, if you take the little velcro compartment out in the upper left of the boot you should see the connector near where the top of the shock mounts.

Try giving that one a spray, I just uplugged it, plugged it back in and the airbag light went out after a few minutes of driving.

There's another orange airbag connector in the boot, if you take the little velcro compartment out in the upper left of the boot you should see the connector near where the top of the shock mounts.

Try giving that one a spray, I just uplugged it, plugged it back in and the airbag light went out after a few minutes of driving.

Amazing - that did the trick! Why the passenger airbag circuit goes through boot I don't know, but I'm delighted.

Thanks, you've saved my car.

I can't remember whether I have previously donated, but once again the FiatForum has helped get my car through its MoT test for another year on the road, so I've donated again now anyway.

Amazing - that did the trick! Why the passenger airbag circuit goes through boot I don't know, but I'm delighted.

Thanks, you've saved my car.

I can't remember whether I have previously donated, but once again the FiatForum has helped get my car through its MoT test for another year on the road, so I've donated again now anyway.
hi. I have a similar problem but i cant find this connector. I have a 5 door estate though so that might be why?

Back