Where do you shop?

Currently reading:
Where do you shop?

Where do you do your main shopping?

• Total voters
The Negotiator said:
Would hardly say it's much of a majority!

Tesco won't survive IMO with such a market share for long unless they play it well. It's neither high quality nor low priced.

Well 7 clear from 44 votes is a majority - I don't understand your insistance that it's low quality and unreasonably priced - most of the daily groceries I buy I've never seen cheaper anywhere else - except perhaps for Makro but that's a Wholesaler.

You don't shop elsewhere then. Try asda for example, you will cut approximately 5-10% on your average bill. Oh yes, that's experience and fact. Of course sainsburys is more expensive though you get the general increase in quality, specifically noticable in fresh produce.

I do have to say the bread i get from tesco sometimes is better than the asda cobs for the same price.

7 from 44 isn't a clear majority....not only that, it's such a small sample size it means nothing. Also it doesn't consider the number of tesco stores against other stores etc. probably the most important factor. I.e. safeways has a very limited number of stores compared with tesco so comparing them is like comparing how many people go to my local newsagency against tesco.

The Negotiator said:
You don't shop elsewhere then. Try asda for example, you will cut approximately 5-10% on your average bill. Oh yes, that's experience and fact. Of course sainsburys is more expensive though you get the general increase in quality, specifically noticable in fresh produce.

I do have to say the bread i get from tesco sometimes is better than the asda cobs for the same price.

7 from 44 isn't a clear majority....not only that, it's such a small sample size it means nothing. Also it doesn't consider the number of tesco stores against other stores etc. probably the most important factor. I.e. safeways has a very limited number of stores compared with tesco so comparing them is like comparing how many people go to my local newsagency against tesco.

For a start I get 10% discount at Tesco so for me personally it isn't cheaper - My local Asda in Southampton when I shopped there the same bill was infact about £3 more for a £25 shop - the fact that Tesco has more stores is then another reason why they have a bigger turnover.

Well you did something wrong then/know what specifically to buy at tesco to save money and to say tesco is cheaper due to a staff discount is pointless.

You miss my point, the poll is flawed, you can't say "more people chose tesco" if that choice has been made by the fact that some people only have a tesco close to them. So again, I will state, nothing has been proven...

Comeon this is a stupid argument. Cinq clearly it's not actually a majority unless over half chose Tesco, but Paul that don't mean the poll proves nothing. It seems to me it proves exactly why Tesco makes more money than the others, I mean if they have a shop in a position where there aren't any rivals then that's one up for them.

I don't think Tescos is either lacking quality or expensive compared to the others (and I don't have a staff discount). In my experience Asda is no cheaper at all, and Tescos have more of what I want. That doesn't mean that others prefer Asda because they might be cheaper or better for certain products! You can't categorically say Asda is better for all just because you prefer it, or even because you find it cheaper!

The Negotiator said:
Well you did something wrong then/know what specifically to buy at tesco to save money and to say tesco is cheaper due to a staff discount is pointless.

You miss my point, the poll is flawed, you can't say "more people chose tesco" if that choice has been made by the fact that some people only have a tesco close to them. So again, I will state, nothing has been proven...

A) When I did that Asda comparison I didn't have my Tesco discount B) I'm not out, unlike your good self, to prove others wrong all the time, just telling you how I see it. C) It's not pointless for me D) I'm not saying more people choose Tesco, I'm saying that out of the people who have voted on this poll more than any other shop at Tesco E) Something has been proven - I'm losing the will to live :bang:

I used to shop at Tescos [our local branch is huge, and always has been - was in the Guiness Book of Records back in 1984, but times change] - I even used their .com service.

BUT I don't anymore. Now that my local Safeways has reverted to a Morrisons [a shop I used to go to, but gave up due to location], I shop there consistently, and find I get better value [albieit restricted choice, to a degree].

Another thing with my local Tesco, and this would be the same whether it was an Asda, etc, is the location. Very close, but horrendous queues, whether parking or instore. Sod that for a game of soldiers.

The Negotiator said:

Please do'nt say that to me,maybe we are not all perfect like you.:p But ASDA is quite a bit more expensive than Tescos for my weekly shop and that has been tried over a period of time and each time I go back to Tescos.

Steve

Back