Technical wher can i place axel stands

Currently reading:
Technical wher can i place axel stands

if you jack up from the middle of the back, so put the jack in from the back of the car and lift on the subframe, so the whole rear lifts equally, then you can put axle stands under any solid point of the suspension,

or refer to you handbook, it'll probably tell you where to jack from - you can then put the stands under those points

Does it not show where the jacking points are in the handbook?

Very vaguely... if you look under the car, just inboard of the sills near the markers for the standard jacking point (these are marked on the sills by two indents on the sill itself, one behind each front wheel and one infront of each rear wheel), you can see a hole in the chassis where car lift arms locate. I use this area for placing the axle stand - I figure that if it's good enough for the the lift, it'll be good enough for an axle stand. (y)

Very vaguely... if you look under the car, just inboard of the sills near the markers for the standard jacking point (these are marked on the sills by two indents on the sill itself, one behind each front wheel and one infront of each rear wheel), you can see a hole in the chassis where car lift arms locate. I use this area for placing the axle stand - I figure that if it's good enough for the the lift, it'll be good enough for an axle stand. (y)

Thats what I was thinking about!

Back