Technical When to change timing chaine?

Currently reading:
Technical When to change timing chaine?

Youssef2022

Hi Guys,
I have a "Fiat Punto 1.3 multijet 75 hp 2015" with engine "199A2000". The distance on the car is exactly 84000 kilometer that's to say 52000 miles. After I checked the user manual, I couldn't find anything about changing the timing chaine. Does anybody have any insights about this issue?

Attachments

• Official Fiat Punto 2016 Manual _ version compatible.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 59
Hi Guys,
I have a "Fiat Punto 1.3 multijet 75 hp 2015" with engine "199A2000". The distance on the car is exactly 84000 kilometer that's to say 52000 miles. After I checked the user manual, I couldn't find anything about changing the timing chaine. Does anybody have any insights about this issue?
I think you have to use your ear for any noise especially on starting up before the oil has got around the tensioner. My daughter had a 1.3 Grande Punto multijet 2006 with 108,000 and on it's second timing chain, which had just failed so I was able to buy the car cheap for her;) , as the previous owner had tried tow starting with an engine issue foolishly. Frequent oil and filter changes help chain life, but it is a well known weak spot on those engines, so at 52,000 miles it is something to look at.
On her car the chain had eaten through the cover causing an oil leak it was so loose!
Yours is a later car so hopefully Fiat have made it stronger.

I think you have to use your ear for any noise especially on starting up before the oil has got around the tensioner. My daughter had a 1.3 Grande Punto multijet 2006 with 108,000 and on it's second timing chain, which had just failed so I was able to buy the car cheap for her;) , as the previous owner had tried tow starting with an engine issue foolishly. Frequent oil and filter changes help chain life, but it is a well known weak spot on those engines, so at 52,000 miles it is something to look at.
On her car the chain had eaten through the cover causing an oil leak it was so loose!
Yours is a later car so hopefully Fiat have made it stronger.
Thanks a lot for your insights. I'll definitely take that into consideration.

Back