Technical wheels and tyres?

Currently reading:
Technical wheels and tyres?

cain17

hey, i havent been a member of this forum for very long at all, so ill introduce myself first, im cain and i am 17 years old. I have a fiat punto mk1 55s and have just bought masserati wheels for it, now my dad said they should fit ( i hope he is right) they are masserati biturbo wheels.

now i have looked into this... and i cant reall find anything out about masserati biturbo wheels... but the questions i need answerd are: is the bore the same? is the pcd the same ( as fr as i know it is) and will the offset make the wheel sit to far in or out?

would appreciate the guidance, cheers :cool:

... have just bought masserati wheels for it, now my dad said they should fit ( i hope he is right) they are masserati biturbo wheels ....

Based on our earlier conversation – I’ve had another look at the problem.

When I submitted the Maserati BiTurbo wheels had a PCD of 108(?), I think maybe that is the 5-stud models – the 4-stud will be PCD98 same as Punto. The centrebore (58.6?) maybe slightly more than the Punto (58.1). I say that given the evidence of the brake discs. The Punto has discs of around 59mm i.d. against the centrebore of 58.1 – whereas the Maserati has discs of around 60mm i.d. against a centrebore of 58.6(?). But then, as the wheels are in your possession – measure them.

The offset is the major question, as my understanding is the tolerance there is 6(+/-1) mm – how far you can push that limit by conversion, is outside my knowledge. Message richie.guy for guidance.

I'll definately agree with the fact that the PCD will be the same at 98. There will be someway around that small difference in the centre bore, but they'll look good and it will pay off when finished.

The bore issue can be solved by getting some spigots machined up.

Those sizes are very uncommon so they'd have to be a custom job - any decent machine shop will do them for you for £5-10 each. This is a much better solution than nylon spigots (not that you'll get any in that size unless you're very lucky).

thanks alot guys for all yur help, i cnt measure the wheels as i havent got them yet, theyi bought them off ebay and then realised i hadnt checked anything other than the pcd...because im a little teenager who got excited about having something that not many people will have seen, anyway wen i get them i will try em and let use know... and if all goes well, i will post up some pics...

the car is getting sprayed purple (ford purple velvet)
with thm polished maserati wheels lowerd 25mm and debadged and thats all will b doing.. nothing worse than an over modified car with big wheels :cool:

...because im a little teenager who got excited about having something that not many people will have seen ...

Nil desperandum – all is not lost. You’ve not (as yet) reached a `reject’ position. We already know the PCD is compatible & the centrebore can be rectified. That leaves the element of the offset.

Do you know what the M/BiTurbo wheels were fitted to before you bought them?

What about the offset (& fasteners) issue - from 38(?) to 22(?) if those figures correct?

Offset we'll just have to see. If it's higher than required then they can be spaced, if lower it depends how much lower. Neither are the end of the world and will be able to be accomodated, it's just a matter of how much work is required.

16x9's fit ET5 with minimal work (arches rolled) so I can't see these being a massive problem.

yer i suppose... we will wait and see... i hope i dont rech the 'rejection' problem lol but cheers anyway. my uncle works as an engineer so he would be able to machine up a spiggtot for the bore problem, and there are plenty of spacers around, im sureit will be ok.. ( fingers crossed )

chhers guys (y)

The poster says they're for RWD cars, that means 2 wheels are lower offset than the other 2.

The poster says they're for RWD cars, that means 2 wheels are lower offset than the other 2.

The pic (post #3) was for illustrative purposes – the actual set (I believe – as the only set of 14” traceable on eBay in last 14 days) purchased was …

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/maserati-whee...s=66:2|65:13|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

… & the pic on the above listing only gives “6J x 14 H2 E6” (presumably all 4) … but then also submits “look stunning on Lancia Monte Carlo” (RWD).

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The pic (post #3) was for illustrative purposes – the actual set (I believe – as the only set of 14” traceable on eBay in last 14 days) purchased was …

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/maserati-wheels-will-fit-lancia-etc_W0QQitemZ320372786261QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a97b4c455&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

… & the pic on the above listing only gives “6J x 14 H2 E6” (presumably all 4) … but then also submits “look stunning on Lancia Monte Carlo” (RWD).

yer thats them... they shud b here on wednesday bought for 41 pound and deliverd for 25 all the way from suffolk..

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back