Technical wheel size 15"- 16"

Currently reading:
Technical wheel size 15"- 16"

Yes those are the mounting holes

If you can get to the floor above the carrier you can put a bolt through the wheel and floor as shown. Then you don't need to worry about the spare wheel falling from a defective carrier, or being stolen.

Have gone through the post and read the troubles you had getting the right carrier fitted and the long list of recalls. Don't feel comfortable drilling through the floor board.

No reply from the dealer yet and i'm not hoping they will - if it was difficult to find online, i'm sure they would have difficulties too.

Also van wrecker hasn't got back about the wheel carrier. He did say they will part out a new model Ducato (in transit) and i'm curious if the wheel carriers in those would be different as i've seen some on eBay of wheel carriers that cover from like 2009 to 2018? Because of a different 'bell' for each 15" and 16" tyre, I will ask what size tyres on the Ducato.

NZ Post has a forward shipping service for deliveries within the UK so there is hope that I will be able to buy the right rims.

rolandbrindley: our Ducato is a 2013 model and spare wheel goes under chassis in the rear as in the link photos of trying to source a wheel carrier mechanism.

rayc,

I've found something unusual with eBay. The 2 links don't come up in a search and it may be due to regional restrictions with eBay. I think the listings only show sellers that mark 'international' shipping. Very annoying.

Another observation is i've noticed the 16" spare wheel for the PCD 5 x 118 listings show the wheel is for years 2014 and onwards. Was there a reason for this considering the MKIII Ducatos started in 2006? Where there wheel / hub differences in 2014 onwards? Likewise on Fiat Accessories online shows 2014 onwards for the alloy wheels here:

https://www.fiat-accessories.com/ducato-16-alloy-wheel-kit-with-fiat-logo-center-caps#tabs-container

At bottom of the page printed:

"FIAT PROFESSIONAL - MVS 290.*.* - Ducato 12/15/17Q MY2014 (2014-....)"

My 2013 Ducato has the following details:

Model: 250

Version: C3B

My chassis #: 02407437

What design change was there between Model 250 and Model 290 ?

16" wheels on the light chassis were only an option from 2014 so they only appear in listings as starting that date. They do fit earlier models with 5x118 pitch

OK i'm back with some news. The local wrecker wants insane $ for the wheel carrier, some $350+GST (say 200 GPB) and this is coming out of a regular Ducato van body (not Maxi) 2009. I was a bit hesitant as online Fiat had a recall on the wheel carriers from 2006 to 2010. So no point taking a chance. Then I called the local Fiat dealer and quoted the part # 1370995080 that I see online for wheel carrier (for 15" / non-Maxi van) and they quoted retail $180+GST (brand new and in stock) so half price of a new item. Sometimes these local wreckers want more than gold.

Now for the 16" set of rims. I've been working out shipping costs. For the Fiat steel rims a set would end up costing me $1,100 NZD (or 550 GBP). Doesn't seem worthy and looked at the Fiat alloy wheels instead. Part # 71807358 as above is the whole kit / 4 rims + hub inserts. Local dealer retail said $1980+GST (or about 1000 GBP) but require 3 - 4 weeks as they have to be shipped from Italy. Online I see pricing around 750 - 800 GBP but then there's the costly shipping and since it's over $1000NZD, informal entry doesn't apply so extra broker fee, etc.

So the end conclusion appears to be there's no real savings by buying online and just easier to buy from the local dealer and like buying local, you can always take the parts back if there are any issues / warranty. So I will look to order the alloy wheels and wheel carrier.

I thank everyone for helping me out. :) If I get troubles installing, i'll be sure to post again.

Back