Technical Wheel bolts Alloy wheels versus Steel wheels

Currently reading:
Technical Wheel bolts Alloy wheels versus Steel wheels

Shamusnz

I have 16 inch steel wheels and have Brought a set of 16 inch oem factory alloys .. Do they use the same bolts ?

2019 130hp Sunlight CV649 campervan

Thanks Cheers shaun

Attachments

• 20230327_070110.jpg
    20230327_070110.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
The original 5x118 steel wheel bolts fit the genuine Fiat alloy wheels. I know because I replaced my steel wheels with the Fiat alloys shown in your photo.
The wheel centre motifs can be replaced by Fiat ones if you wish.

Attachments

• 100_0545.JPG
    100_0545.JPG
    532.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
...I may be teaching my grandmother, but......

I'm pretty sure that for that 'van the standard 16" wheels from the factory will be those for the "light" chassis. These have a different PCD (bolt spacing) to those intended for the "heavy" chassis.

Just make sure you have bought the equivalent (light vs heavy) to the original steel wheels.

Stick a bolt through the existing steel wheel and see how much it protrudes through, then check through the alloy…unless the steel ones have the thicker backplate, and the protrusion is the same, they will need longer bolts to allow the same depth into the hubs

The bolt spacing is the same 5 × 118 .the chassis plate is 1850 front axle 2000 rear .. Did a test fit . but did not look at the bolts.. will have closer look .... thanks

The original 5x118 steel wheel bolts fit the genuine Fiat alloy wheels. I know because I replaced my steel wheels with the Fiat alloys shown in your photo.
The wheel centre motifs can be replaced by Fiat ones if you wish.
I found some centre caps on fleabay so will order some. I plan to fit some BFG K02 tyres as well to butch it up .. less chance getting stuck in the campground;-) . Good in snow too ..

Back