What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

In other news the new VW iD3 Harlequin was announced today
IMG_3080.jpeg

Yes I am aware of the date, yes this was an April fool but it back fired somewhat with people posting that they want to buy it anyway and it was about time they did another harlequin.
IMG_3078.jpeg

Fiat on the other hand joined in the fun by posting this
IMG_3081.jpeg

Oh wait that was 3 days ago…… errrm 😐

What VW are saying is their spray shop cannot match two panels the same and this is their answer.:ROFLMAO:
I seem to recall Lada had that problem in the 70s.;)
I think historically it goes back to an advert for the beetle in the 60s when they used to talk about how easy it was to repair in marketing, and they would use body panels from lots of different beetles to show how panels from different years would all fit on the same car.

In the 90s they decided to make a multicoloured car in a similar vain for marketing at shows and it was so popular they ended up putting it into production on the Polo.

While I understand it's not an original Mini.

It's a "Small SUV" which is this car generations equivalent of the Ronnie Pickering spec Xsara Picasso/Renault Scenic etc etc. Except lacking in the interior versatility...

20 years ago MPVs weren't selling but off roaders were..so someone had the wizard wheeze of calling one the other and paying lip service to both types of car but having the strengths of neither.

I have very little problem with these cars..other than their inability to call a spade a spade.
Just like me and the 'Mini'. Its not I despise it. It is probably a perfectly decent tool in itself but its not and never will be a mini. Seat ong ofr fout... I think not. I had a look at the new mini when it was newish out. I told the salesman if my son and I could sit in it one behind the other in any combination I would buy one. I have a Panda. It will Seat 4 with ease. Just have to keep out from under Range Rovers Lol

I think historically it goes back to an advert for the beetle in the 60s when they used to talk about how easy it was to repair in marketing, and they would use body panels from lots of different beetles to show how panels from different years would all fit on the same car.

In the 90s they decided to make a multicoloured car in a similar vain for marketing at shows and it was so popular they ended up putting it into production on the Polo.
I have definite memories of a car you could buy which had every panel painted in a different colour. Don't remember any thing else about it regards make etc. Doesn't appeal to me I have to say.

I actually like the harlequin....it looks cool and a lot more interesting in the multiple colours than the usual lease car white.

The Fiat...oh dear oh dear to quote Barry Chuckle.
Harlequin looks like a copy of a Fiat I can remember.....

VW marketed a harlequin Polo in the nineties. I think there were five different colours involved. They built the cars as normal, single-colour, then off the production line, swapped panels around. Apparently no two the same.
Not quite the case there is apparently some sort of chart that shows how the base colour would be configured with what coloured panels, there were only so many ways they could configure the panels, they made several thousand of them and people who love them who want to restore them use that chart to make sure that they get the precise colour configuration correct

This weekend I have been doing some workshop organisation and have even acquired some original 90s Fiat overalls, as I was constantly wrecking my good clothes.

My garage is slowly turning in to a 90s era Fiat dealership
Or... shrine?

To be a dealership, you'll have to seriously reduce the quality of any advice you give on here, and always recommend the most expensive fixes, whilst firing the parts cannon at everything.

Or... shrine?

To be a dealership, you'll have to seriously reduce the quality of any advice you give on here, and always recommend the most expensive fixes, whilst firing the parts cannon at everything.
This gave me a proper chuckle, I’m sure my “that’ll do” attitude is sufficient to get me a job at a dealers.

What can I say this being a monument to poor financial choices you need to pump up the interest rates as you know you're a terrible risk.
This is the new way of calculating PCP deals they now just assume the price will go up and charge you for the price hike as well, so you can buy a car today for 2030’s price right now!!! It’s a very good deal sir !!

Back